Best DVD Player Software 2023
Summary: DVD, also known as Digital Video Disc, is a well-known media format. A number of users have their favorite DVD collection. And this collection can be enjoyed on your device with an ideal DVD player software. The need for a separate DVD player is not necessary. This is because with your PC computer and DVD player software Windows 10, users can easily enjoy watching DVDs. With the best paid and free DVD player software, users also get tons of extra features such as wide format support and file management.
- • Capable of playing local videos, DVD/Blu-ray/UHD disc and streaming videos
- • All-In-One platform of streaming playback
- • Online playback video in FHD 1080p video quality and EAC3 audio quality
Table of Contents
But making a decision on which DVD player can be a bit confusing. It is recommended getting a DVD player software free and paid option you should opt for is tough. Choosing an option that will seamlessly combine your PC and your home entertainment system is a must. The paid and free DVD player software for Windows 10 should make streaming and sharing all your content seamless. In addition to this, the best DVD player software must have the latest audio and video enhancements to offer users a more detailed and richer experience with colors. Read below to know more about the best tools you can have at your disposal.
Best DVD Player: DVDFab DVD Player
DVDFab DVD Player is the best option that users can use for DVD player software. The tool allows you to play TV shows and movies from DVD discs along with ISO files and folders. Read below to know the features of this exceptional player.
- Enhanced navigation menu
The navigation menu is essential for playback control and this tool provides the same for all types of DVD formats. With this tool, a cinema-akin home theater is provided to the users.
- No region code required
Many commercially-created DVD movies come with regional coding to avoid the playback of the media in regions other than the one in which it was launched. Odds are that your player abruptly begins showing a region code error when you try to play the media. This tool easily handles this situation. PlayerFab DVD Player allows you to play DVD discs, irrespective of the area in which it was released.
- Supports DVD ISO files or folders
Want to ISO files copied on your PC? PlayerFab DVD Player supports physical DVD discs. In addition to this, the tool also supports DVD ISO image files.
- Main movie mode
If your DVD has more than one media file and you only wish to play the important part, the Main Movie Mode comes into play. The feature directly plays a major part by skipping the unwanted titles. Additionally, users can also choose other video titles shown on the playlist.
- Support different media formats
Apart from DVD discs, DVD ISO image files, and DVD folders, the tool also supports videos to play. Also, almost all popular video and audio formats are supported, such as WAV, MP3, FLAC, M4A, MOV, WMV, and FLV, among others.
- Smooth playback
The tool uses advanced technologies such as Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA, to enhance the playback smoothness, ensuring users get a fluent viewing experience.
- Import DVD as ISO files
The tool has the ability to import a Blu-ray or DVD disc to your local media library from an optical drive and save it as an ISO file for later use.
- Advanced local media library management
The tool builds a local media library and shows it to the users as a well-organized poster wall. In addition to this, all the metadata info of the TV show and movie will be shown on the page.
- Auto-download metadata
- Support all media formats
- Manually edit metadata
- Collect series into one file
- Auto-update media library
- Support multilingual metadata
- A bit costly, but totally worth spending money for seeing the advanced features it offers.
VLC Media Player
VLC is a well-known player and is an open-source and free tool that supports endless numbers of media formats. The tool can play CD, DVD, Blu-ray, and both unencrypted and encrypted DVDs, together with standard video and audio formats. The tool is easy to use and plays videos without any stuttering problems.
Users will also not find any incompatibility problems, audio issues, or lag with VLC. This is due to its huge library of dependable encoders and decoders. The tool heavily depends on the open-source FFmpeg project which offers many options to proprietary codecs.
- Can play CD, DVD, Blu-ray, and both unencrypted and encrypted DVDs
- Supports countless media formats
- Based on the FFmpeg project
- Compatible with DVD formats
- Free and open-source
- Subtitle support
- Supports Blu-ray playback
- The UI is less appealing.
- Sometimes the tool suddenly crashes
Corel WinDVD is the next option on the list. The tool provides support for the latest Blu-ray playback technology along with different other useful features. It has a relatively easy and simple interface that allows users to navigate playback controls and libraries easily. The tool supports all disc formats, as well. It comes with playback support for Blu-ray 3D. The 3D technology support includes Anaglyph, NVIDIA 3D Vision, and 3D TV. WinDVD provides video enhancement functionalities. The tool’s anti-shaking and Motion Streamliner features improve the quality of the videos.
- Region free DVD player software
- Support for all disc content
- High-quality audio and video output
- Support for different file formats
- Comprehensive support for 3D Blu-ray playback
- Clean and user-friendly interface
- Anti-shake feature to stabilize home videos
- Video enhancements with Motion Streamliner technologies
- Support for different audio and video file formats
- No smart remote or app
- No cloud storage access
Windows DVD Player
Microsoft earlier designed a separate app that can support DVD playback. The tool is not part of the operating system and users will have to download it from the Microsoft Store. The tool comes with a price tag of $14.99 and is not free to use. Users can take a 7-day free trial and make a decision if they need the tool or not.
The app plays DVDs pretty well and shows support for various video formats. On the other hand, users cannot play Blu-rays so that is a major setback. Nonetheless, the performance is good without any playback issues. All in all, the tool is a good app without any compatibility issues.
- Support for various video formats
- Good DVDs playback performance
- Simple and easy to use
- Based on the UWP framework
- Play directly from the disc
- Offers free trial
- Does not support all DVD formats
WinX DVD Player
WinX DVD Player works for Mac and Windows and supports different file formats. The DVD player software can play Blu-ray and DVD discs along with MP4, AVI, MKV, and MOV files on your PC. It also supports high-quality video up to 5K UHD. With the tool’s AirPlay streaming feature, users can stream audio and video from their Apple device over Wi-Fi to other Apple devices. While the Apple Airplay support, the tool is helpful to deal with different video playback requirements.
The tool provides access to different online audio and video collections. Apart from playing disc content, users can also play and download videos from different websites. Using the tool, users can download videos in high quality and also convert videos into different audio file formats.
- AirPlay streaming to different Apple devices
- Support for media formats, such as MP4, AVI, MOV, and MKV
- Video downloading and web viewing feature
- Compatibility with Mac and Windows
- Accessible library to assist you to manage your audio and video files
- Simple UI that is easy to navigate and learn
- Plays all disc-based videos, along with Blu-ray and DVD
- Suitable for downloading or streaming content from different video streaming platforms
- No smart remote or app
- Casting limited to Apple devices
- Windows app a bit buggy
Do DVD players have hard drives?
No. However, most current DVD players have the ability to play different forms of media such as music, videos, and even pictures from a compatible USB hard drive.
Can a DVD-R be erased and reused?
No. DVD-R is writeable only once. At best users can make it multi-session but still requires to be closed prior to using once. Only after this, users can burn it.
Can Blu-Ray players read external hard drives?
Most of the Blu-ray DVD player software can only read the first partition of the external HDD. The external HDD has been formatted in exFAT format. And most players only support FAT32 and NTFS formats.
In a nutshell, you just had a look at different DVD player software tools that will suffice your needs. The best DVD player software among all is DVDFab DVD Player, which allows you to play TV shows and movies from DVD discs along with ISO files and folders.