How to Play MP4 in Google Drive?
Summary: Does Google Drive support MP4 playback? How to upload MP4 to Google Drive? How can I play MP4 in Google Drive? You can find desired answers from this post. It prepares you a detailed guideline on how to play MP4 files on Google Drive on desktops, Android and iOS devices with its built-in MP4 video player. In this way, you can store video files on Google Drive and watch them whenever you like.
How do you like MP4 Google Drive player? How to upload MP4 to Google Drive? How to play MP4 in Google Drive? It is known to all that Google Drive is a cloud storage service that enables people to store media files in a single account so as to access on multiple accounts later. Google Drive offers 15GB of storage per account. With such much storage space, you can store around 10 full HD movies. If you aren’t going to store movies then you can also use this 15GB storage to store your personal MP4 videos shot from your Android phone or iPhone. Keeping the MP4 videos in a cloud storage account like Google drive has multiple benefits. The first benefit is that it is free up to 15GB of storage space, secondly you can access those files simultaneously on multiple devices at any time 24x7, and lastly you don’t need to worry about data corruption. Just make sure to keep your Google drive account in a healthy and working state.
What if you have a Google Drive MP4 video player? Google Drive has a built-in MP4 video player that works on all devices including computer, Android, iPhone, and iPad. All you need to do is to install the Google Drive app on these devices or use the web interface to watch and play MP4 in Google Drive. It's a simple video player for Google Drive users who simply want to play MP4 files with basic features.
In this tutorial, we will discuss how to play MP4 in Google Drive on devices like Android, iPhone/iPad, and computer by uploading MP4 to Google Drive.
Table of Contents
Before playing MP4 in Google Drive, you need to know how to upload MP4 to Google Drive. With Google Drive app and an active account, you can achieve your aims via the following tips.
- Make sure Google Drive app is installed on your Android phone.
- First of all upload an MP4 video to your Google Drive account so that you can play it.
- Simply locate the video using a file manager. Long tap on the MP4 video and tap Share.
- Select Google Drive from the list to upload the MP4 video. By default Wi-Fi will be preferred for uploading but tap Resume in notifications panel to use mobile data for uploading.
- The video will be uploaded to root directory named as My Drive.
- Open the app and tap the Search button. Under File types select Videos. All uploaded videos will be listed in a single place and you don’t have to search for a particular MP4 video.
- Tap on any MP4 video that you want to play. You will see a basic Google Drive MP4 video player with two options to jump 30 seconds forwards or backwards.
This is how to play MP4 on Google Drive if you have MP4 files stored in it.
Likewise, if you want to play MP4 on Google Drive on iOS devices, just follow the tips as below.
- Open the Google Drive app on your iPhone and iPad and tap Add +.
- Tap Upload and then select the MP4 videos that you want to upload.
- Wait for some time till the videos get uploaded to your account.
- Now tap the search button in the app.
- From the list select Videos.
- All the uploaded videos will be listed in a single place.
- Tap on any MP4 video to play it in Google Drive.
If you are an iOS device follower, the above tips might be up right your alley. When Google Drive not playing MP4 on your iOS devices, there is another way out there. Turn to the Google Dirve MP4 player via the online browser.
Google Drive is also available as a standalone app for PC. It can also be accessed via the web interface on a computer. So both the ways are similar, it is up to you which way you prefer. We will discuss the web interface of Google Drive.
- Open the browser on your PC and go to drive.google.com. Here sign in with your Google account.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Now click New and then click File upload. Select the MP4 video that you want to upload.
- Now simply click in the search field and select Video from the list. Alternatively you can enter this command type:video (without quotes) and hit enter. This will list all the videos in a single place.
- Double click the MP4 video to play it in the Google Drive’s web interface.
- Click the fullscreen button on the player to watch it in full screen.
- Also click the gear icon in the player to change the video quality.
This is how you can make Google Drive play MP4 on computer, Android, iPhone, and iPad. Uploading MP4 to Google Drive is almost the same for all the devices. Once you upload a particular MP4 video file to your account then you can access the same file on any computer, iPhone, or iPad by logging in the same Google Drive account on these devices. So you just have to upload the MP4 videos once and you can watch them simultaneously on multiple devices if you use the same Google Drive account.
The Google Drive player can’t play your MP4 files stored on your PC’s hard drive. You first have to upload them. If you want to directly play MP4 videos or movies on your PC with full HD or 4K viewing experience then you can use DVDFab Player 6, the best full-featured 4K video player for peak quality playback.
DVDFab player 6 is an all-in-one media player for PC and 4K HDTV(via TV mode). It is capable of playing HD, Full HD, 4K Blu-ray, and 3D formats with crystal clear images on the screen. This is the only player for your PC that is HDR10 compatible and designed to work with high-end graphics cards for the ultimate viewing experience. You can learn more about this player by clicking this link – DVDFab Player 6.
Note that you can play all your media files with this media player for free within 30 days.