How to do Quicktime Screen Recording with audio on Mac & iOS
Summary: When life without computers is inconceivable, you probably know the The unique innovations of screen recording technology have come into play as saviors. Now, with the advancement of QuickTime screen recording with audio technology, you can record anything you have on your Mac and ios. So, through this article let's have a look at how the Quicktime player screen recording with audio works.
Table of Contents
- How to record screen with Quicktime Screen Recorder?
- Frequently Asked Questions
From evaluating employees' performances, backing up confidential information, recording training tutorials, recording video calls or conference calls, creating unique videos via screen recorded footage to software's bug or error recording option, making educational tutorials, screen recording of video game tricks, recording of any online streaming content, you can do any of these and even more with the high-end techniques of Quicktime player screen recording option.
Through this article, you will get the effective method to record screens on your Mac computer or iPhone with Quicktime player screen recording. What's more, DVDFab Video Enhancer AI, an all-in-one video enhancer, can help you optimize your recorded videos. And if you want to know how to reduce size of quicktime video, this article will help you.
QuickTime is mainly a multimedia framework extension developed by Apple Inc. It tackles different formats of digital video, sound, picture, panoramic images, and interactivity. QuickTime player, better known as QuickTime X, is a built-in digital media playback and editing application for Mac. From streaming any online media file to playing any local media file, this software can handle both. Along with streaming videos, you can record any audio or video content with the QuickTime screen recording option. You can also edit and export the final recorded file. Let's have a look at what makes QuickTime screen recorders high in demand.
- It can edit your recorded clips through the cut-copy-paste option.
- You can merge different separate audio & video tracks.
- With cropping & rotation features you can easily place any video track on any virtual platform.
- You can save and export video codecs supported by QuickTime.
- QuickTime has a preset video exporting option for iPhone, iPod & Apple TV.
- You can save QuickTime movies directly from the web browser to HDD.
- It does encoding & transcoding any audio or video file from one format to another.
- Through the "PictureViewer" component you can view picture files from the still image format.
- QuickTime supports AIFF, MP3, WAV, DV-DIF & MPEG-4.
Step1: Open application
Go to the "QuickTime Player App" on your Mac computer from the "Application folder" & select file & then select the "New Screen Recording " option from the "Menu" bar to open screenshot & display tools. You will see the "on-screen control " window above or QuickTime "screen recording" window below.
Steps 2: Select Options
Click on the "Options" to customize what you like to record. From selecting a location to save your screen records to including pointers, you can choose any option of your choice.
Step 3: Customize Settings
Before initiating recording click on the "Arrow" option shown next to "Record Button" to customize the recording settings.
- To record other audio with current screen recording select a "Microphone" option.
- To monitor the audio recording, go adjusting the volume slider.
- To get audio feedback, you can lower the volume or go for headphones with the microphone.
- To see the black circle in your pointer, select the "Show Mouse Clicks in Recording" option.
Step 4: Recording Options
To initiate recording the "Record" button & select any of the given options below.
- Click any portion of the screen to record the entire screen.
- Drag & select any particular portion of the screen to record & then click "start recording" within that particular portion.
Step 5: Stop Options
To stop recording, tap on the " Stop Button" given in the "Menu" bar. Or you can press Command-Control-Escape together.
Step 6: Ready to Edit
Once you stop recording, it will open automatically and it is ready for editing, playing, or sharing.
Now after getting into the detailed description, step-by-step screen recording instructions with how to stop QuickTime screen recording in Quicktime screen recorder let's clarify some more queries that mostly trigger your mind.
Even though through the Quicktime player screen recording with the audio option you can edit or add audio to any of your video content, Quicktime screen recording audio from a computer is only possible through a Mac extension called " Soundflower" software. Once you finish downloading and installing this software on your Mac PC, refresh your system. Go to system preference>visit sound tab>select sound output> select Soundflower(2ch) as active output>go to Quicktime screen recording window to initiate the recording process by following the same steps of "How to do Quicktime screen recording".
However, if you want to use Quicktime screen recording no audio option, after selecting the "File" option go straight to the "New screen recording option" instead of the " New audio recording option". The rest of the steps are the same as "how to do Quicktime screen recording".
There are two options to access Quicktime iPhone screen recording.
You can record the screen of the iPhone/iPad/iPod Connected to the Mac via Quicktime. Connect the device to Mac>open Quicktime player app on Mac> select file> New Movie recording. Follow the rest of the steps given to "how to do Quicktime screen recording". Finally, you have to save the recording as a movie file on your Mac.
Since Quicktime Plug-in is a built-in option for your iPhone, you can open any Quicktime file received through MMS or email on your iPhone. The Quicktime plug-in also converts the received media file into Quicktime, so that you can play them again on your phone.
Click on the email/SMS icon on your phone>find out massage with Quicktime attachment or you can send a test Quicktime file to your phone>log in to email on Mac>go to " Massage"/"Compose">type email ID configured in iPhone> attach Quicktime file from Mac>click "Send"> go to the email account on phone>click attached Quicktime file>after clicking on Quicktime icon it will be converted to a long bar once it is downloaded>click on the bar to launch the Quicktime application on phone>you can play the Quicktime file on iPhone but you cannot save the file.
If your Quicktime screen recording not working properly, you must try the given below four options to stop QuickTime screen recording issues. When QuickTime stops screen recording, it targets different causes. While figuring out the major four causes you can easily stop screen recording QuickTime problems.
1) Update software
Go to "system preference" from "Apple menu">" Update Now">resatart Quicktime.
2) Properly set up QuickTime if iPhone mirroring to Mac QuickTime stops working
Go to "File"> " New Movie Recording"/ "New screen recording">" Arrow" icon>"iPhone" under "camera" & " microphone">"quality" & "other options">click the " Record" option.
3) Repair Disk Permission
Go to "Disk Utility" app>"boot volume"> "First Aid">" Repair Disk Permission button">restart "Quicktime".
4) Find the recording where Quicktime gets stuck
If Quicktime is not working in Chrome & gets stuck in the finishing process, go to " Terminal">type "top-u">click "enter">write down the " Quicktime player process ID"> type "Sudo kill"[process ID]>press " Enter" to exit Quicktime>get back to the recording.
- Boosts saturation and brightness of images and automatically correct color as well as decreasing blurring and noise, sharpening blurry lines, removing artifacts, bringing your old videos to life again.
- Upscaling low-res videos up to 4K:use super-resolution technology to predict the missing pixels through a neural network
- Enhance image quality while achieving higher image fidelity and higher work efficiency.
- No need to configure any parameters or settings. Simple select the video and then let the software output an enhanced result.
To find QuickTime players go to the "Applications" folder which is given on the dock of your Mac computer. Keep one thing in mind the " Scratch Disk" is the default setting area where your QuickTime screen recorded file would be saved in Hamilton Lab computers. For personal computers, the default location is the "Movies" folder.
Go to the QuickTime player app>open the movie you want to trim>"Edit"> "Trim">drag down the yellow handle on the trimming bar> the outside area of the handle needs to be trimmed>click " trim".
If you have been looking for the most user-friendly screen recording application to capture all of your onscreen activity for your personal or professional purpose then the simplest and smartest QuickTime screen recording steps and customizable features are always at your service to meet up any of your screen recording requirements. And if you want to upgrade the video quality, you must not miss this free video enhancer AI.