Top 8 Best Region Free DVD player in 2023
Summary: DVDs have region codes, so you cannot play foreign DVDs without a region-free DVD player. Choosing the right region-free blu-ray DVD player can allow you to play international DVDs in 4K and offers other cool features. A top region free DVD player like PlayerFab has features like 4K streaming, HDR, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi support, USB input, PAL-NTSC connection switching, etc.
Table of Contents
- Top 8 Best Region Free DVD players in 2022
Sometimes when we want to watch a DVD on our DVD player and it doesn't work that can be because our DVD player isn't region free. So, it is very convenient and useful if we buy a region free DVD player to play Blu ray films/ DVDs from any country we like. This article will tell you about the benefits of the region-free blue-ray DVD player and the best ones to purchase in 2022.
Before we tell you about region-free DVD players, let's talk about why you need them. Most DVDs have region codes on them imprinted by the creators to protect their unreleased movies, especially if different regions have premature access to them.
However, if someone legally purchases a DVD from abroad and is still unable to play it, they need to upgrade their game and buy a region-free DVD player to watch any DVD of their choice. You need to understand that region-free Blu DVD players only play DVDs with region codes.
There are many region free DVD players in the market, but it is difficult to tell which one works the best. We will later tell you our top 8 region free blue-ray DVD players to choose the best for you.
Now that you have developed an understanding of region-free DVD players let's talk about how they can benefit you. For that, we have listed down quite a few advantages of using region-free portable DVD players.
- The most significant benefit of using region-free DVD players is that you can play any DVD or Blu-ray disc in it without changing titles or anything else.
- You have the liberty to modify your region-free DVD player without worrying about anything because they come with a warranty for a specific period.
- Region free DVD players are overall better than software players because they don't get affected by the updates and their features are far more extensive.
If you're looking to buy the best region free DVD player for your Blu-ray discs or DVDs, you can check our below-mentioned list of the top 8 region free DVD players in 2022.
The top on our list of the best region free DVD players is PlayerFab DVD Player, which is an all-in-one that allows user advanced features like audio and video format conversion and video quality improving. It supports all video formats including 4K UHD, HDR10 and more with playback modes for big and small screens.
- It has very high-end audio and video quality, making it a premium region-free DVD player that offers 3D playback support.
- The PlayerFab DVD player has an auto-update feature and it offers multi-language support making it easy for you to watch international DVDs.
- The only con of this DVD player is that it is a bit expensive; however, it is a one-time payment so you can invest in it.
The next on our list is LONPOO LP-099, a great region-free DVD player if you're looking for something affordable. This specific DVD player comes with a USB port, HDMI output with 1080 conversion, PAL-NTSC conversion, and composite video output.
- One of the biggest advantages of using this region free DVD player is that we don't have to spend tons of money just to watch international DVDs.
- It is one of the few DVD players with a mic input and PAL-NTSC conversion option.
- The only problem with LONPOO LP-099 is that it doesn't support mp4 format, which can be frustrating.
Sony BDP-S6700 is one of the few region-free DVD players that can convert standard Blu-ray into 4K, enhancing the DVD watching experience. The feature-packed region-free DVD player includes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support, coaxial audio output, USB input, and 3D blu ray compatibility.
- You get the options like 4K conversion, PAL-NTSC conversion, and 1080p conversion.
- Another benefit of using Sony BDP-S6700 is SACD disc support and 3D Blu-ray playback.
- The biggest disadvantage of using this region-free DVD player is that you don't get 4K UHD support.
The next on our list is Panasonic DVD-S700 that can play DVDs from 0-8 regions. This region-free DVD player comes with a 1080p upscaling feature and has a very easy interface. Like other DVD players, we have mentioned it has a USB input and PAL-NTSC video signal switching option.
- Videos load very fast and easily on Panasonic DVD-S700.
- It supports a wide range of DVD formats, which gives you the liberty to play DVDs worldwide.
- You don’t get the option of front display or streaming from platforms like Netflix on this region free DVD player.
Samsung DVD-E360 has one of the sleekest designs that you will find on any region free DVD player. It is a very lightweight and high-performance high-quality player that allows multi-format support. This specific DVD player by Samsung comes with features like screen ratio adjustment, PAL-NTSC conversion, and high picture quality.
- It has lightning bolt speed while playing videos, and it can decipher Dolby digital data.
- The model is quite lightweight, so it is easy to carry it around.
- Sometimes, this region-free DVD player shows a grainy menu which can be problematic.
- It also causes problems while playing video formats like mp4 and WMV.
If you are looking for a region-free DVD player that supports multi-language audio and subtitle outputs, you need to check out LG DP132. It has a unique audio ripping from discs to USBs which is not so common in region-free DVD players.
- You get the USB direct record feature along with Dolby digital audio compatibility.
- It is one of the cheapest region-free DVD players in the market.
- It doesn't offer you a 1080p upscaling or HDMI connection option.
Region-free DVD players can be very heavy and difficult to move around; however, Pioneer DV-3052 is compact and lightweight. You get the option to play DVDs in high resolution up to 1080p without any external video converter aid.
- It offers a PAL-NTSC conversion option and HDMI connection support.
- You get very high audio and video quality with Pioneer DV-3052.
- The interface of Pioneer DV-3052 is a bit too slow when it comes to menu input.
The last region free DVD player on our list is Sony UBP X-700 with the fantastic HDR and 4K video quality support. The Dolby Atmos audio quality and compact yet brilliant design make it a perfect region-free DVD player for you.
- It is one of the few region-free DVD players with all these video features and beautiful color schemes.
- Even though it is a bit pricey, the 4K streaming and its high-quality components make it worth it.
- The only issue with this region free DVD player by Samsung is the sound quality that can sometimes be not up to the mark.
We want to conclude our article about the top 8 best region free DVD players in 2022. And we want to remind you that you can easily enhance your international DVD watching experience with a high-quality region-free DVD player that gives you a ton of features to enjoy.
Region codes on DVDs protect the content and avoid pirating it abroad; however, if you purchase a region-free blue ray DVD player to play international DVDs, it is completely fine unless you start selling them. Because in some countries, it is not legal to sell multi-region DVD players.
If you have a DVD player that you want to convert into a multi region player for the international bluray discs, you will need to do its region code settings. You can make any DVD player region-free; however, different players require different transformation processes into region-free players.
Region free bluray DVD player means a player who can play DVDs from different countries even if they have region codes. If you are a video or audiophile looking to enhance your DVD collection, you must check our list of the top 8 best region free DVD players in 2022.
Region free DVD and region free portable DVD player are two completely different things. Region free DVD is the one that has no region code on it, and you can watch it on any DVD player you have. However, a region-free portable DVD player is the one that can play DVDs that do not have any region code and the ones that are protected by a region code.