The Best Free Blu-ray Ripper to Rip Blu-rays Freely
Did you ever feel the need to rip your Blu-ray discs for free? Did you find a free Blu-ray ripper software? If not then don’t worry as your search for a free Blu-ray ripper ends here. Blu-ray ripping becomes essential if you want to watch Blu-ray movies on other devices like smartphones, TVs, tablets, or media players. After ripping the Blu-rays you can transfer the ripped videos to any device and can watch those movies on the go whenever you want. This article talks about DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper which is the only best free Blu-ray ripper available for Windows 7/8/10 on the web.
Part 1: DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper: Quick Intro and Download Links
DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper as the name suggests is a Blu-ray ripping software which has a valid reputation among its users. Not all Blu-ray rippers are created equal and even most of the Blu-ray rippers aren’t free. But DVDFab provides a free version of its Blu-ray Ripper along with the paid version.
The free version of DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper is a useful software for those who are looking for a free Blu-ray ripper. The free version of DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper is not like other rippers that have time limits, based on video’s length, which means that only first 5 minutes of the movies can be ripped. And secondly the ripped videos will have software watermarks. But the DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper is totally free from such annoying limits.
DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper is available to download for Mac OS and Windows 7, Windows 8, and the latest Windows 10. The software can be downloaded either via an online installer or an offline installer file. You have to download DVDFab 11 because Blu-ray ripper is a sub-part of this wonderful software. Check the download links below.
1. DVDFab 11 Online Installer for Mac and Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) – Go Here
2. DVDFab 11 Offline Installer for Mac and Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) – Download Now
In case of offline installer file, first go to the second link given above. Then scroll down a little bit to find the offline installer. Check the image below.
Part 2: Step-by-Step Tutorial to Rip Blu-rays For Free with DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper
After installing the software open it and click the ‘Ripper’ tab.
· Then click the ‘+Add’ button and load a Blu-ray ISO or a Blu-ray folder. If you don’t have any of these then simply insert the disc in the Blu-ray optical drive and DVDFab load it automatically.
· Click the ‘Video Profile Selector’ button and select either ‘MP4 Free’, or ‘MKV Passthrough’. Put a check on the ‘Passthrough’ option to get access to ‘MKV Passthrough’. In the free version only these two formats can be used.
· Click the ‘Advanced Settings’ button to change the some video settings like ‘Audio Codec’, ‘Frame Rate’, ‘Audio Channel’ etc. You can’t change video quality too high in free version.
· If your Blu-ray disc supports multi audio streams and subtitles then you can choose which audio streams and subtitles to keep in the output file or you can preserve all. You can also select Blu-ray chapters.
· Click the ‘Choose Other Titles’ button to select other titles for ripping, because by-default the main movie is selected for ripping in DVDFab 11 and rest of the videos get ignored.
· If you want to edit your videos then you can click the ‘Video Editor’ button to launch the built-in video editor. Check the video editing tutorial in ‘Part 2.1’.
· Now select the ‘Save to’ location where you want to save the ripped file. Then click the ‘Start’ button to start ripping your Blu-ray disc.
· Once you hit the ‘Start’ button a popup will open asking you to sign in with your free DVDFab account.
· If you don’t have one then you can create a free DVDFab account and then resume ripping your Blu-rays.
Once the ripping process gets over you can transfer those ripped videos to your favorite devices. So you just have seen that being a free software DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper still provides considerable features like the video editor, support for Blu-ray ISOs and folders, support for multi audio streams and subtitles etc.
Part 2.1: How to Use the DVDFab Video Editor for Editing Blu-ray Movies before Ripping
With built in editor you can apply watermarks, change video properties, add and customize external subtitles, trim, and crop movies. The ‘Crop’ video function is only available either in paid or full trial version. Check the descriptions of the various functions of the video editor.
1. Text Watermark: Putting a watermark on your videos/movies shows that you own that particular movie/video. Simply use the ‘Text’ tool to add text watermarks to your movies before ripping. Use the watermark customization options like changing fonts, text size, and color.
2. Image Watermark: If you want to put a logo or any image as a watermark then use this tool. Image watermark’s size and transparency is customizable.
3. Crop: This tool is available only in the paid version of the DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper. This tool is used for cropping movies before ripping.
4. Trim Tool: This is an amazing video editing tool for removing single and multiple scenes at once from the Blu-ray movies. Simply click the ‘Trim’ tool button which will add a trim section with two red markers. Drag these red markers close or away from each other to increase or decrease the trim section. Drag the ‘Blu T Marker’ out of the current trim and click the ‘Trim’ button again to add another trim section. Clicking the ‘Invert Trim’ button below will invert your selection. Multi-trim is a nice way to remove multiple unwanted scenes from a Blu-ray movie before ripping.
5. Subtitle Tool: Use the ‘Subtitle’ tool to add external subtitles to your Blu-ray movies before ripping. You can also customize the subtitle’s text font, color, size, and placement on the screen.
6. Video Properties: Use this tool to change video properties like brightness, saturation, and contrast. This tool can also rotate the videos.
After editing the videos click ‘OK’ to go back to the main interface and click the ‘Start’ button to rip your Blu-ray disc if no other settings needs to be changed.
Part 3: Limits of DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Free Version
DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper is the highly recommended free Blu-ray Ripper. But every software do comes with several limits. DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper also has several limits but they aren’t annoying at all. It’s our duty to tell you, what and what not you get in the free version?
Though the free version is quite good but you should learn about its limits to check whether they affect your Blu-ray ripping needs or not. Because every user has different needs, most users get satisfied with free software but many users will require advanced features which may not be present in the free version.
Check the limits of the free version of DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper.
· In free version you can only rip your Blu-ray discs to only two output formats which are ‘MP4 Free’, and ‘MKV Passthrough’. You won’t be able to access lots of other video profiles.
· You can’t use the device-specific profiles to rip your Blu-ray discs. Device-specific video profiles are pre-configured video profiles for various devices like smartphones, gaming consoles, tablets etc.
· You can’t use more than two output resolution options. For ‘MKV Passthrough’ the maximum supported resolution is ‘1920x1080’ while for ‘MP4 Free’ it is 480p only.
· Free version of DVDFab Blu-ray ripper doesn’t support hardware acceleration technologies like ‘Intel Quick Sync’, ‘Nvidia Cuda’, and ‘AMD Acceleration’. The ripping process will be slow in the free version.
· The free version may not be able to remove newer Blu-ray protections if the disc is copy protected. In this case there would be no meaning of using the software at all. In this case you should consider upgrading your free version to the paid one without blaming DVDFab for not ripping your Blu-ray disc encrypted with a newer Blu-ray disc protection scheme.
So these are the limitations of the free version of the DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper. If you still want to go with the free version then you can proceed to other parts of this article. And secondly we don’t force you to buy the paid version. We have told you the limits of the free version, on the basis of which you can make your choice between the free version and the paid one.
Part 3.1: DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper Full Trial Version
DVDFab provides a full trial version of DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper in which you can test each and every feature of this software. In full trial mode you can rip a maximum of 3 Blu-ray discs completely while using all the features like device-specific video profiles, higher resolutions, HD audios etc. Once your 3-disc limit gets over you can decide whether to buy the software or not. After the trial period gets over the software is downgraded to free version which is also known as DVDFab HD decrypter.
Part 4: Why Choose DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper?
As we already told you that DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper has two versions free and paid. So you can make the right choice according to your needs. You can always choose the free version if you are happy with it and if it satisfies your Blu-ray ripping needs well. If you need more advanced functions in DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper then paid version is recommended.
You should not waste your time with Blu-ray rippers which give you watermarks along with the ripped videos and which don’t even rip more than 5 minutes of any video. DVDFab understands the needs of a Blu-ray user much better than other free Blu-ray rippers. That’s why it has a free version of Blu-ray Ripper to help users in ripping BDs without annoying them with useless limits.
Another reason of choosing DVDFab is that it is trustworthy. DVDFab is now nearly 15+ years old and has very good reputation on the web.
So this is how you can freely rip your Blu-ray discs without paying a penny. Using the free version of DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper is okay if advanced ripping functions aren’t required. But the best results can only be achieved with the fully functional, paid DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper only. So without wasting much time please go through the complete article one more time. Note down your Blu-ray ripping needs on a paper, check the limits of the free version. Then compare your Blu-ray ripping requirements with the limits of the free version. Does the free version fit your Blu-ray ripping needs? If Yes! – ‘Good’, If No! – ‘Please upgrade to paid version’.
For copying Blu-ray discs freely, please have a look at how to back up Blu-ray freely.
① Rip and convert Blu-rays to watch on PCs, smartphones, tablets, etc.
② Extract the audio tracks from Blu-rays and output as audio files
③ Support all the popular audio & video formats like MP3, MP4, MKV, etc.
④ Support to edit the videos like cropping, trimming, and more
⑤ Support GPU hardware acceleration to convert much faster