How to Convert Blu-ray Movies to Playable DVD Discs, ISOs, And Folders
Convert Blu-rays to DVDs instantly with DVDFab's latest and easy-to-use Blu-ray to DVD converter! With Blu-ray discs you can enjoy your favorite movies in high definition. However a Blu-ray disc can’t be played on a conventional DVD player. The reason being the type of the laser used to read both these discs. Since Blu-rays can’t be directly played on a DVD player that doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy that movie.
The best option would be to convert your favorite Blu-ray movies to playable DVD discs. Of course you won’t get the quality of a Blu-ray movie in a DVD technically but still you can enjoy the movie with DVD quality which is around 480p. If you are looking to convert your Blu-ray movies to playable DVD discs then do give this article a proper look.
- Steps to Convert Blu-ray Movies to Playable DVD Disc, ISOs, and Folders
- Reasons for Creating DVD ISOs or Folders Out of Blu-ray Movies
- Why Choose DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD Converter?
Before starting the tutorial you have to download the required software which is DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD Converter.
Download the software and install it on your PC. After that you are good to go with the step-by-step tutorial below.
Step 1: Open DVDFab 12 and click the ‘Copy’ tab. Click the ‘Copy Mode’ selector button and select ‘To DVD’ from the list of copy modes.
Step 2: Now click the ‘Plus’ button or ‘+Add’ to load your Blu-ray ISO or a folder. If you have a Blu-ray disc then you can insert it in the BD-ROM drive and DVDFab 12 will load it automatically. Select the Blu-ray region code if prompted and click ‘OK’.
Step 3: Now after loading the Blu-ray disc or ISO file the interface will change to this as follows. Also check the important labelling.
Step 4: First select the ‘Audio Stream’, ‘Subtitles’, and ‘Chapters’. Click on ‘Choose Other Titles’ if you want to select or de-select movies from the Blu-ray.
Note: A commercially produced Blu-ray disc will have multiple audio languages and subtitles. You can select all these audio streams so that they can also be put on the DVD. However, you can also select only the default audio and skip the others to enjoy even faster video processing.
Step 5: Click ‘Advanced Settings’ button to open the Blu-ray disc settings. Click ‘Output’ and select the output type of DVD disc. A DVD5 can hold 4.7 GBs of data while a DVD9 can hold 8.1 GBs of data, so choose accordingly. Also select the ‘TV Standard’ and ‘Aspect Ratio’.
Step 6: Click the ‘Custom Menu’ button to launch the DVD menu designer. Here you can design a custom menu for your DVD. You can customize backgrounds, use inbuilt menu templates, add, delete, or customize texts by double clicking and using options like text formatting, color, fonts, and size.
Step 7: Click ‘OK’ once your menu designing process gets finished to return to the main interface.
Step 8: Now you are absolutely ready to convert your Blu-ray to DVD format. You have three options for converting. Firstly you can burn a blank DVD disc, secondly you can save a DVD ISO, and lastly you can save the project as a DVD folder.
Step 9: To burn a physical DVD (DVD5 or DVD9) first click the ‘Save to’ location and select the ‘Optical Disc Burner’ from here. Enter the blank DVD disc in to the optical drive when prompted.
Step 10: If you currently don’t have a physical DVD disc then consider saving the Blu-ray movies to DVD as an ISO or folder. Click either the ‘ISO’ button or the ‘Folder’ button and select the output location. Finally click ‘Start’ button to convert your Blu-ray movies to playable DVDs (disc, ISO, or folder).
Once the conversion process completes you can play the burned DVDs directly on a DVD player.
A DVD ISO or a folder is a soft copy of a physical DVD disc. Simply saying, a DVD ISO or a folder is an exact copy of a DVD video format disc.
• DVDs aren’t for forever as overtime their surface gets scratches. However, DVDs playability is often not much affected by minor scratches but still a deep scratch on the surface is enough to ruin the entire disc. So, it would be a better idea to create a DVD ISO or folder and treat it as a backup. The ISO or the DVD folder can be directly burned to a blank DVD disc with our DVDFab 12 software.
• Secondly some media players are smart enough to play DVD ISO files directly via USB devices. This way you can save yourself from burning a DVD disc if you have a home-theater, or any media player that supports DVD ISO files.
• You can save these DVD ISO files and folders on your computer’s hard drive without having to worry about scratches because they are not applicable to ISO files at all. You can also share these ISO files with your friends without having to lend them the original DVD or Blu-ray disc.
DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD converter is an easy to use software for converting your Blu-ray movies to DVDs that you can play on DVD players. This is the only software which is highly intuitive and is loaded with powerful performance. Given below, are the some reasons to choose DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD Converter.
- You will enjoy fast processing speed and high video and audio quality.
- Can be used to convert a Blu-ray disc to either DVD5 (4.7 GB) or a DVD9 (8.1 GB).
- Easily create DVD ISOs or folders for both DVD types from Blu-ray movies.
- Use the built-in menu designer for designing custom DVD menus.
- Support for multiple Blu-ray audio streams and subtitles which can also be preserved entirely on the converted DVD.
- Created DVDs will have high compatibility with different players.
So you now have learned to convert any Blu-ray movie to a playable DVD disc. All this can be done in a proper way using the DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD converter. This software is fast, efficient, serves the purpose, and is quite versatile in nature. For information on how to convert a Blu-ray movie to a DVD5 Disc, please visit our post where we explain in detail how to do this DVDFab Blu-Ray to DVD Converter.
Currently there are no limits in this software which can prevent you from effectively converting a Blu-ray disc or an ISO to a physical DVD or an ISO. We can’t say anything about other third-party software, but we can strongly recommend you our brand which is helping users since more than 15 years. So without thinking much you should go ahead and download the software and start using it.
① Convert & downscale Blu-rays to standard DVDa with high quality
② Burn the converted DVDs to blank discs or save as ISO files/folders
③ Support all types of blank discs like DVD±R and DVD±RW
④ Offer multiple sets of beautifully crafted menu templates
⑤ Support GPU hardware acceleration to convert much faster