How to Burn Blu-ray to DVD/Hard Drive/iPhone/Android
Summary: Here you will know what a Blu-ray burner is, how it works and how to burn Blu-ray to DVD/hard drive/ISO file with the best Blu-ray burning software - DVDFab Blu-ray Copy.
In order to burn Blu-ray files, what kind of Blu-ray burner you need and what you need to prepare? Here is the most comprehensive description of how to burn Blu-ray disc/movie/ISO/Folder? Read it carefully and find solutions to how to burn Blu-ray to DVD, hard drive and computer?
Table of Contents:
1. What is Blu-ray Burner?
2. Which Blu-ray Burner is Best?
3. How to Burn Blu-ray to DVD/Hard Drive?
4. How to Burn Blu-ray to iPhone/Android?
Simply speaking, a Blu-ray burner is a program helping you to make a backup of your file. Considering the operating systems vary from one to another, there is Blu-ray burner for Windows 10, Blu-ray burner for Mac, as well as Blu-ray burner for Linux. Some Blu-ray burning software may be compatible with two of all of the operating systems. Here, I make a chart to make the compatibility of different Blu-ray Burners clearer.
Operating Systems for Blu-ray Burner
Blu-ray Burner for Windows 10
DVDFab Blu-ray Copy, MakeMKV, HandBrake, DVD Creator
Blu-ray Burner for Mac
DVDFab Blu-ray Copy, BurnAware, Leawo, True Burner
Blu-ray Burner for Linux
MakeMKV, HandBrake, Silicon Empire Burner
To get the best Blu-ray burner, you need to test it from such aspects below.
(1) Input: An eligible Blu-ray burner should support various video formats, including MKV, MP4, AVI, M2TS, TS, MOV, WMV, WMA, 3GP and more.
(2) Output: It’s good if a Blu-ray burner can burn videos to Blu-rays discs that have corresponding storage capacity (BD-25, BD-50). But it would be better if it can compress videos to fit a smaller disc (BD-5, BD-9, BD-25).
(3) Output quality: If you burn videos to Blu-rays for preservation, you will want to retain the original quality of the videos. So please remember to check the output quality before making a decision.
(4) Burning speed: The source files can be large so it’s important to check the burning speed of a Blu-ray burning software program. A powerful Blu-ray creator won’t let you wait too long to get the burning done.
(5) Customization: Customization tools can help you create your own Blu-rays, so customization features like creating menu, adding external subtitles, selecting audio tracks and more would be a plus.
(6) Ease of use: A good Blu-ray maker should be clean and intuitive. Before deciding to purchase such a program, please first check if it is easy to use for you.
Taking all the above factors into consideration, the Blu ray Copy software from DVDFab is the best Blu-ray burner to burn Blu-rays on Windows or Mac. It accepts Blu-ray video disc, Blu-ray folder and Blu-ray ISO image file. And it is able to copy any Blu-ray to Blu-ray and DVD disc (DVD5/9) or hard drive. Moreover, there are 5 copy modes provided in this software. They are Full Disc, Main Movie, Customize, Clone/Burn as well as Merge.
Now, let me show you how to burn burn Blu-ray to DVD and hard drive with the best Blu-ray burner software.
Compatible with Windows and Mac, you can choose either of the systems to get this Blu-ray burner launched in your machine. After three clicks, its main interface will come to your sight.
Now, you should select the module of “Copy” and load your Blu-ray movie by clicking the option of “+”. It can be a Blu-ray video disc, a Blu-ray folder or a Blu-ray ISO image file. If there is no optical drive embedded in your computer, prepare an external one in advance. A Blu-ray drive can play both Blu-ray and DVD disc.
There are five copy modes provided by DVDFab Blu-ray Copy. Click the “Mode Switcher” and make a choice among “Full Disc (copy the whole Blu-ray disc)”, “Main Movie (copy the main movie title)”, “Customize (copy Blu-ray based on personal style)”, “Merge (merge two or more Blu-rays to one” and “Clone/Burn (copy Blu-ray without loss of quality”.
After loading your Blu-ray file, its basic information will be displayed on the main interface of DVDFab Blu-ray Copy. At this moment, choose your preferred video chapter, audio track and subtitle. Click the button of “Advanced Settings” and you can set the output option as BD 9 (DVD 9) or BD 5 (DVD 5). This is the key to how to copy Blu-ray to DVD.
At the bottom of DVDFab Blu-ray Copy, there are three options for you to store your copied Blu-ray file. If you want to copy Blu-ray to DVD, insert a DVD disc based on your option in the last step. If you want to copy Blu-ray to hard drive, click either “ISO image file” or “Folder” to save your file in your computer. At last, click the button of “Start”.
This is the end of how to copy Blu-ray to DVD or hard drive. If you are also interested in how to copy Blu-ray to iPhone or Android, continue to read this article.
For those who have burned to Blu-ray to DVD or Blu-ray disc following the steps in the third part, transfer the copied file to your iPhone or Android and see whether it works. If it fails to play, turn to DVDFab Video Converter. Return back to the main interface of DVDFab Blu-ray Copy, and select the module of “Converter” this time. Then load your file and click the option of “Profile Switcher” and choose one video format compatible with your mobile device like iPhone or Android.
Besides burning Blu-ray to iPhone or Android with the help of DVDFab Blu-ray Copy and DVDFab Video Converter, you also have a short cut to convert Blu-ray to MP4 or MKV. The secret hides in the module of “Ripper”, which is called DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper. Using the options below, you can rip Blu-ray to AVI.FLV/M2TS/MKV/MP4/TS/VOB/WMV. There must be one video format compatible with your iPhone or Android.
So much for how to burn Blu-ray to DVD or hard drive with the best Blu-ray burning software. For a convenient offline viewing of Blu-ray movies, you can also rip Blu-ray to MP4 or other formats and watching it on your iPhone or other mobile devices. I hope DVDFab Products can help you make a digital backup of your files smoothly and fast.