Top Tools to Use for Copying DVDs to DVDs
Summary: DVD copy tools sometimes gets a bad image particularly due to piracy. On the other hands, these are programs that can be used for copying DVDs to DVDs and creating multiple copies of original content DVDs for storage or distribution. DVD copy programs can be utilized to store content that might be needed after a long time. If you do not have much memory space left on your device, you might also create DVDs to free up system resources and as a means of external storage. Below are some of the best tools that can be used for DVD s copy. Have a look.
Table of Contents
DVDFab DVD Copy is the best option for you if you want some core DVD copying. The tool offers advanced settings and various copy modes as compared to other options in the market. In addition to this, DVDFab does provide all of the features that are needed to smoothly duplicate DVDs. Also, DVDFab DVD Copy provides excellent results very speedily. The tool can be used to compress any DVD and for lossless backup. In addition to this, the tool can also be used to save as ISO/Folder on HDD or export files to blank disc directly. Below are some features that make this tool a worthy option.
- The tool is able to clone all kinds of discs even those with protection.
- The simple interface makes quick creation of disk content.
- The tool is accurate and quick in ripping of all types of discs.
Step 1: Download and launch DVDFab on your device.
Step 2: Select the Copy module and go to the Copy Mode.
Step 3: Select any of the copy modes from the given options as per your needs before creating DVD to DVD copies.
Step 4: Add a DVD disc to the DVD drive of your device and the tool will automatically load it.
Step 5: In addition to this, you can also click the Add option to manually load the source. If the source is an ISO folder or file, users can directly add it by dragging and dropping it onto the main UI.
Step 6: Once the source is uploaded, the main movie will be selected by default.
Step 7: Here, you can change the subtitles, audio tracks, chapters, and make advanced settings as per your requirements.
Step 8: All the customization of your output can be done here.
Step 9: In the Advanced Settings section, users can select output size as DVD 9 or DVD 5.
Step 10: Go to the bottom of the main UI to choose a directory to save the output file.
Step 11: You can also select your optical drive as the directory from the drop-down list box is to save the output to a blank disc.
Step 12: Once done, click the Start option to begin copying videos to DVDs process.
VideoSolo DVD Copy is yet another tool that can be used to copy DVD on Mac or Windows. It is one of the most convenient programs that offer 3 modes for DVD copying quickly. Users can select to copy Main Movie, Full Movie, and Custom as per their needs. It is also easy for this tool to copy, decrypt, and burn the original quality of DVDs to your backup discs as well as for copying VHS tapes to DVDs. VideoSolo DVD Copy is ideal for copying any kind of DVD to digital formats. It shows support for checking the chapter and adjusting the writing speed and switching to various subtitles and audio tracks which makes your copying more efficient and accurate.
- The tool permits copying home DVDs to the computer as well as to the VIDEO_TS and DVD ISO Image folder.
- It supports copying and cloning DVD movies to a physical DVD disc.
- It has the ability to compress DVD-9 at 1:1 quality to DVD-5.
- It shows support for DVD types such as DVD-9, DVD-5, DVD-RW, DVD-R, DEV-RAM, DVD+RW, and so on.
- It supports adjustable writing speed to save time while copying DVDs to a hard disk.
- The tool has a built-in DVD player to assist you to switch to different audio tracks and subtitles as well as checking the entire content before you copy.
- Comes with limited copy modes.
- Sometimes crashes.
Aiseesoft Burnova is the next tool that can be used for copying DVDs to computers free on the Windows platform. The tool has a simple interface and is simple to use, for newbies as well. This feature-packed tool offers all the features needed to copy DVDs. Several DVD types such as DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, and many more are supported by this tool. It has abilities that will assist you with copying a DVD folder or ISO file to a DVD disc. The tool has some advanced features that will make this tool a worthy option for a professional DVD/Blu-ray burner.
- Aiseesoft Burnova can copy DVD Windows 10 as well as can burn videos to DVD or Blu-ray.
- The tool allows you to personalize the output file.
- It provides features of subtitles and audio tracks.
- The tool burns movies to Blu-ray-50 and Blu-ray-25 that will assist play movies on Sony, PS3, Samsung, LG, etc.
- It has different templates such as holidays, weddings, family for menu editing that will be useful for specifying various kinds of videos.
- The tool cannot process huge files smoothly. It freezes most of the time while handling heavy files.
- The paid version is too costly.
BurnAware is a simple tool for copying and making a broad range of Blu-Ray and DVDs discs. All these can be done from the easy interface that comes with the tool. When you wish to copy or write a huge range of DVD kinds, the tool does the job pretty well. Users can even make M-discs. A tool is a good option for copying and creating a broad range of Blu Ray, DVDs, and even M-discs. Speaking of price, there are three licenses that users can opt from. The premium plan comes with a price tag of $19.95 for a yearly period and $49.95 for a lifetime license. The Professional plan has a price tag of $39.95 for a yearly license and $99.95 for a lifetime license. The Business plan does not have a specific price and can be customized as per user needs.
- The tool copies and writes a broad range of DVD formats.
- It comes with an easy selection of the process you wish to use.
- It supports a quick and accurate writing process.
- The interface can be confusing to new users.
- The paid versions are too costly considering the feature it offers.
- Limited copy modes.
Leawo has the ability to copy the DVD-5 to DVD-5 or DVD-9 to DVD-9 without any loss in quality. The tool also supports the backing up between various kinds of DVDs such as DVD-9 to DVD-5. Leawo will allow you to copy the protected DVD irrespective of the factors such as its region and studio. The tool is best for copying and backing up CSS-protected DVDs. It is a tool that will allow you to copy the DVD without any limitations. It offers high performance while copying a DVD to a new DVD or hard drive. The tool also offers multi-language support and an in-built DVD player. Speaking of price, Leawo’s yearly license comes for a price tag of $29.95. It also provides a lifetime license for $39.95 as well as a free trial.
- The tool copies DVDs at a quicker speed with the help of Quick Sync GPU acceleration.
- It can remove region codes and CSS protection.
- It allows selecting subtitles & audio tracks of your choice as well as DVD-5 compression.
- It has many more smart features such as copying ISO images to DVD.
- Limited copy modes
- Crashes frequently
- No recent updates
WinX DVD Copy Pro is a powerful tool that has been used for ripping and copying. Users lose no quality when they use the tool to rip or copy DVDs. It is best suited for lossless backup of DVD to hard drive or another disc. The tool is good for saving to a media library and ripping DVD media. It also supports quick backup of files onto blank discs. It manages a broad range of data files, making it an allrounder tool for all your DVD copying needs. Speaking of price, it offers a 30-day trial after which it comes for a price tag of $59.95. There are seasonal and regular offers too.
- It creates a handy media library in one well-arranged place.
- It is fast and does lossless copying and ripping of DVDs.
- It converts files as per your needs.
- It can use a lot of system resources.
- It is heavy in size.
- Comes with minor bugs
Is it legal to copy DVDs for personal use?
It is dependent on whether the DVD has Copyright protection or not. You cannot lawfully copy Copyright protected content, but you can make copies of your work.
Is it possible to copy a DVD to another DVD?
Yes, this is very simple with the DVDFab DVD Copy listed in this article. You can follow the steps mentioned above. The tool comes with different copy modes suited for your needs. Besides, this tool also enables you to create ISO from DVD.
How to tell if a DVD is copy-protected?
When you load a DVD to be copied and press the copy option, a warning will display informing you that the disk is copy protected and cannot be copied. Press the explain option to see more data on the protected rights of the owner.
How many minutes can I fit on a DVD-5 and DVD-9?
A DVD-9 has a capacity of 8.5 GB of data or a 240-minute video. A DVD-5 has a capacity of 4.7 GB of content equal to 120 minutes of video.
How do I protect my DVD from being copied?
When creating your DVD content, you can use a DVD encryption feature to make an encrypted file of the content that you are writing. Finally, write it to your DVD. Therefore, it will be encrypted and cannot be copied.
In a nutshell, we just had a look at different tools that can be used for copying DVDs to DVDs. Among the list, the best option is DVDFab DVD Copy software, since it provides advanced settings and different copy modes as compared to other options in the list. The tool can be used to compress any DVD and for lossless backup. In addition to this, DVDFab does provide all of the features that are needed to smoothly copy DVD to DVD. Apart from this, DVDFab DVD Copy provides excellent results very quickly. Also, the tool can also be used to save as ISO/Folder on HDD or export files to blank disc directly. Besides, if you wish to look for a tool to copy Blu-rays to discs, DVDFab's Blu-ray Copy software could be your best option.