What are the DVD Regions - Everything you Need to Know to Unlock Them?
Summary: Did you download your desired movie but cannot play it on your computer? This is because specific region codes restrict your movie. So, we come here will all possible solutions to unlock all blu ray region codes from your DVD to enjoy it anywhere in the world.
- • Free and Simplified Version of DVD/Blu-ray Copy/Ripper and Video Converter
- • Lossless Backup DVDs/Blu-rays in Full Disc & Main Movie Mode
- • Convert DVDs/Blu-rays/Videos to MKV & MP4 Videos
- • Personalize Video with Built-in Video Editor
Table of Contents
- 4 Ways to Remove DVD Reginal Codes
You may have realized that the DVDs you brought back from your trip to the other side of the world won't play on your home DVD player. This is because DVDs are secured by region codes that determine the region in which they may be played. It is possible to play any region or region with 0 DVDs on any DVD player, but DVDs encoded with region codes are restricted to the specific areas. For example, you cannot play a Region-2 DVD from the United Kingdom in the United States or vice versa. DVD and Blu-ray region codes, as well as the process for making a DVD that isn't locked to any one region, will all be covered in this article.
Why Are There Different DVD Regions?
Why do DVDs have different region codes? Money is the short solution.
Movies are often distributed at various times in different places. Typically, a film will debut in the United States first, followed by months of anticipation in Australia and other nations. In other words, the DVD version of a film may be released in the United States while the film is still playing in cinemas. Given the pricing variations across markets, if there are no DVD region codes, individuals may choose for a cheaper version from another area, reducing the film producer's profit. The DVD regions can help you get the best return on your movie investment.
What Are the DVD Region Codes?
- Region 1 - Canada, the United States, and their regions
- Region 2 - Japan, Europe (including the United Kingdom), South Africa, the Middle East (including Egypt), and Greenland are among the countries.
- Region 3 - East Asia and Southeast Asia.
- Region 4 – Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean are all countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Region 5 - Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia are all countries in Eastern Europe.
- Region 6 - China.
- Region 7 - saved for a unique purpose that has yet to be determined.
- Region 8 - International destinations for air and maritime travel.
- Region 0, 9, or ALL of the world's regions.
What do these figures imply? It just implies that your DVD player should be compatible with the DVD. There are no alternatives other than DVD players that are region-free or multi-region DVD players for particular Blu-ray and DVD territories. If you buy a region 1 DVD from Amazon, it can only be played on DVD players manufactured in the United States or Canada. "
Tips to Determine the DVD's Region Number
So, how can you figure out what region a DVD belongs to? If you plan on hacking a DVD player or changing the region code of a device, you may need to know the DVD region codes. If you're unsure where the DVD came from, use the methods listed below.
- In most cases, a DVD's region code may be located on the back of the disc or the DVD's box cover. A tiny, standardized globe symbol is placed with the area number.
- To verify the region code under Configuration, use shareware such as Drive Region Info, DVDinfopro, Nero Info Tool, or DVD players such as WinDVD, Power DVD.
4 Ways to Remove DVD Reginal Codes
Buy a local free DVD player, and you can safely play DVDs from any area. This way, you can save the problem of hacking your DVD or physically changing the DVD area code. By searching on Google, you will find multi-region DVD players of many famous brands on Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, 220-Electronics, etc. A locally free DVD player usually costs $ 30. Assuming you need to ask, an expensive way. When choosing a multi-region DVD player, be careful with retaining locations and DVD formats.
1. Make your DVD Region Free
Another option is to run any locales, DVD formats, protection free without paying $250. Instead of opening the DVD player locally, you can delete area codes from any unfamiliar DVD with DVD tracking programming. After opening Area Code 1-8, RCE Security, and PAL / NTSC regions, you can play a strange DVD movie on the DVD player or anywhere else. You can also record local free documents without interruption.
There are many DVD-burning devices on the web. Like multi-local DVD players, different projects support different DVD settings. Try the DVDFab DVD Ripper (Windows version or Mac version) for an easy process. It will bypass DVD local codes, RCE, and other securities, including APS, UOP, Sony ARccOS, Disney X Project DRM, and change DVDs to region-free to picture, MPEG, HEVC, MP4, AVI, etc.
Here is the DVD regions map for your further help.
2. DVDFab DVD Ripper
For Windows and Mac, DVDFab DVD Ripper is an excellent choice. This program attracted us a lot because of its complex yet easy-to-understand interface. It would be a perfect purchase for someone who wants to convert all of their old DVDs into media files. A yearly license costs $49, and a lifetime license costs only $74.99. A free trial edition is also available; however, your output files will be marked with a watermark. Using this application, you may rip DVDs and convert them to formats that can be played on many devices. Media players, mobile phones, Xbox, iOS devices, PS3s, and other gadgets are others.
How to use DVDFab DVD Ripper to remove blu ray region codes?
Load the source DVD into DVDFab's DVD Ripper software
- When the free DVD ripper has finished downloading, select the Ripper option. Insert the DVD you wish to rip into the optical drive or use the Add button to browse to it if it's already there. If the source is an ISO file or a folder, drag & drop it onto the workspace. Make the most of this DVD Ripper for Mac and Windows to rip DVDs for free.
Customize the DVD video output by selecting a profile.
- Go to "Choose Other Profile" > "Format" > "Video" to convert a DVD to an MP4 or another digital format. Selecting audio tracks/languages, extracting subtitles from DVDs to SRT format, and adding external subtitles are all options.
- 'Advanced Settings' and 'Video Edit' allows you to customize video and audio characteristics to meet your specific demands.
- You may choose "Enlarger AI" to automatically increase video quality when upscale video.
- "Save" your video to a hard drive or a mobile device, then upload it to YouTube.
Start to rip DVDs free.
- To rip DVDs for free, press the Start button. After the DVD ripping process, you can cancel it, shut down your PC, leave the software, hibernate, or do nothing.
3. WinX DVD Ripper
In addition to ripping DVDs to MP4, MPEG, WMV, MOV, FLV, and other formats, WinX Free DVD Ripper can also backup DVDs to the iPhone, iPod, PSP, Android, and other devices. A free DVD ripping solution that supports all DVDs with various encryptions, including CSS, RCE, and other features, makes it the best option for free DVD ripping.
How to bypass DVD region codes using WinX DVD Ripper?
You can make MP4, WMV, MPEG, MOV, FLV, iPhone/iPod/Apple TV/PSP/Android from ripped DVDs. It is possible in only a few clicks using WinX DVD Ripper: (The platinum edition can provide a satisfactory result if you wish to backup DVD to iPad.)
Load DVD movies.
- After starting WinX DVD Ripper, click the "DVD Disc" button to load an actual DVD and the "Folder" button to load a DVD folder.
Select output format.
- When the DVD has loaded, information such as the title, subtitles, start/end time, and output will appear in the file list. Choose from a variety of output video formats to rip DVDs to MP4, MPEG, WMV, FLV, or MOV, or from various output devices to convert DVDs to iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, HTC, Samsung, and other devices.
- You may also extract audio from the video, save it as an MP3 file, take a picture and save it as a BMP file.
Choose the output folder.
- In the output setting section, click the "Browse" button, then pick a target folder in the dialogue box that appears.
- After completing the preceding steps, go to the file list and choose the files you want to convert, then click the "Start" button on the main interface to begin converting the movie. The progress bar at the bottom of the dialogue box allows you to see how far the conversion has progressed.
4. DVD region Code Hacks
DVD hacks refer to using the remote-control code to unlock DVD player regions. Although the procedures to hack a DVD player are similar across brands, the unlock codes necessary to unlock LG DVD players, Samsung DVD players, Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, and other devices vary depending on the player's region. To locate a hack code, enter the brand and model of your DVD player. To demonstrate how to unlock region-free mode on your DVD players, we'll use the Samsung DVD-V6800 as an example (see our entire tutorial on how to make your DVD player region-free):
1. Turn on the DVD player and ensure the DVD tray is closed and there are no discs.
2. Enter a five-digit hack code by pressing the REPEAT button on the remote. R1 - 29334
- R2 - 38767
- R3 - 56732
- R4 - 76884
- R5 - 53814
- R6 - 24462
3. Press 29334 if you're an R1 player. And for an R2 Player, dial 38767. Then, depending on the DVD region you desire, hit 1-6. You may also make your DVD player region-free by pressing 9.
4. To close the tray, open it and hit Standby on the remote. Your DVD player is now hacked and adjusted to the desired region.
What's Region Code Enhanced (RCE)?
RCE (Region Code Enhancement) is a DVD protection feature that serves as an extra layer of protection to prevent Region-1 DVDs from playing on non-regional or multi-region players. A little software on the DVD determines if the DVD player's region fits the DVD. RCE is currently most coded on Warner Bros. and Columbia Region 1 DVD.
- It will first check the DVD player's region.
- If the player is Region-1, then play the DVD usually.
- Or, if the DVD player supports additional regions, refuse to play it (All, 6, 5, 4, 3, or 2).
Hopefully, you have learned deeply about different DVD codes and methods to make DVDs region-free. But if still confused, we will recommend you, DVDFab DVD ripper, to play desired DVDs anywhere. This is the best program to burn DVDs into any desired format to play on any device.