Best Free DVD Rippers for Windows 10 | 2023
Summary: This article lists the best DVD rippers for Windows 10 to help you make an informed decision on which software is right for you. Our step-by-step guide takes you through the process from start to finish, so you can enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows on your computer.
Convert encrypted DVDs, ISO files or Folders to MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, etc.
Enjoy DVDs on mobile devices, media players, or home theaters.
Customize the audio & video parameters to meet specific ripping needs.
Edit DVD video with the built-in professional video editor.
Table of Contents
- Part 1. Top 3 Free DVD Ripper for Windows 10
- Part 2. How to Rip a DVD on Windows with DVDFab DVD Ripper?
Faced with piles of stacked DVD discs in your room, sometimes you probably anticipate ripping DVDs into video contents for better playback on portable or mobile devices, even transferring digital files to a hard drive or cloud storage service for lasting preservation.
For Windows users who want to rip DVDs fast and well, it’s imperative to seek out professional DVD ripping software. Hence, this post gives you a shortcut to picking the best free DVD ripper Windows 10 programs from the given list. Meanwhile, you will master how to rip a DVD on Windows 10 for free and easily.
When considering applications for DVD ripping on the Windows 10 platform, you may search online to find the most suitable option. Below are three exceptional free DVD rippers that allow you to convert your DVDs into various digital formats such as MP4 and MKV.
DVDFab DVD Ripper is a premium and user-friendly DVD ripper for Windows 10 and Mac that brings the power of professional DVD ripping right to your fingertips. This program stands out with its ability to convert DVDs into any mainstream audio and video formats for playback on portable and mobile devices. This software also shines with its customizable output settings. Powered by advanced technology, DVDFab can rip DVDs at an astonishingly fast pace without compromising on quality.
🤗User Rattings: 4.1/5 from softpedia.com
💡Working Systems: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 & macOS 10.10 - 13
- The ONLY tool that can remove protection from newly purchased encrypted DVDs
- Rip DVD to 1000+ video/audio formats and 260+ profiles playable on all portable devices
- Offer a built-in video editor - crop, trim, merge video, add watermarks & subtitles
- GPU acceleration to support batch and lightning-fast conversion
- Share converted video/audio files onto YouTube
- Convert DVD Subtitles to SRT File via OCR Technology
- Auto-synchronize all the meta info of the source DVD and display them on media server
- Limited functions in its free version.
- Its Blu-ray ripping features are a paid option.
WinX DVD Ripper is also a user-friendly software that efficiently rips DVD content to your computer's hard drive and converts it into popular video formats. It offers robust functions while maintaining excellent video/audio quality and fast ripping speed. Additionally, it enables audio separation from the DVD video for MP3 music saving.
🤗User Rattings: 3.6/5 from softpedia.com
💡Working Systems: Win 11/10 or lower & Mac Ventura or lower
- Able to decrypt and read copy-protected DVD discs.
- Rip DVDs to 210+ video/audio formats and 350+ output profiles.
- Fast ripping speed due to Level 3 hardware acceleration technology.
- High-quality output video with excellent picture and sound quality.
- Customization options for the ripped video, like codec, resolution, frame rate, and simple editing.
- Some features are only available in the paid version.
- The free trial version has limited functionality and can only rip up to 5 minutes of video.
- The software may have occasional compatibility issues with some newest DVD discs or copy protections.
- No Blu-ray ripping features.
This free DVD Ripping software for Windows 10 also works on Mac and Linux, a wonderful program that allows you to save DVDs by ripping them into videos for the particular device listed in its presets. With HandBrake, the parameters can be manually tweaked a lot using its settings, the picture quality can be changed, the video files can be compressed, and much more using a fast tool like this. However, one of the downsides of this DVD Ripper is that it cannot rip copy-protected DVD discs.
🤗User Rattings: 4.0/5 from softpedia.com
💡Working Systems: Windows 10 and later & macOS 10.13 and later & Linux
- Free and open-source software.
- Work with libdvdcss to decrypt and rip CSS protected DVDs.
- Convert DVD and Blu-ray to 3 video formats: MP4, MKV, and WebM.
- Advanced video editing features, such as cropping, scaling, deinterlacing, and adding subtitles
- Batch conversion
- Some advanced features may not be available in the graphical user interface (GUI) and may require the use of the command-line interface (CLI).
- Encoding speed can be slow compared to other video transcoding software, especially when using complex settings or filters.
- May not be able to handle copy-protected DVDs without the use of third-party decryption tools.
- Limited output video formats and profiles.
Now you might understand which one to choose when you seek a free DVD ripper for Windows 10. Apparently, free versions of these programs offer the basic features needed to rip DVDs. Nevertheless, if you hope for quality converted content ripped from any commercial or homemade DVD, we recommend you resort to a full-featured program: DVDFab DVD Ripper. The below step-by-step guidelines can be your reference.
Download and install this DVD Ripper on a trial basis without registration, and choose the ‘Ripper’ module when the program runs. Next, insert the DVD disc into the optical drive on PC, or simply drag & drop the ISO file or DVD folder onto the main UI.
Click 'Choose Other Profile' elect your desired profile from the profile library on the left panel. You can choose to rip and convert your DVD to MP4, AVI, MKV or other popular digital formats. Or you can also choose your preferred output device.
Then tab the ‘Wrench’ icon (for Advanced Settings) to set relevant parameters for video, audio, and subtitles. Besides, with the built-in video editor, you can trim, crop, merge and rotate video, add watermark and subtitles, or adjust brightness, saturation, and contrast to improve video quality.
Set file directory to save the output video on HDD (folder) or transfer to mobile. Meanwhile, you can choose ‘GPU Hardware Acceleration’ to quicken the batch conversion. Once done, press the ‘Start’ button to wait for the resulting video.
No, Windows 10 does not come with a built-in DVD ripper. Microsoft once introduced Windows Media Player that can rip music, pictures and videos from a CD or DVD to your computer. However, Windows Media Player was only included in most versions of Windows up until Windows 8. After that release, it was available as an optional feature.
To rip a protected DVD in Windows 10, you'll need to use a DVD ripper capable of decrypting protected DVDs. DVDFab is a recommended tool for this task as it can handle various types of copy protection, including CSS, APS, RC, Sony DADC, and newly released ones. It also supports the most comprehensive range of input and output formats. Other options include WinX and HandBrake, but these may not offer as wide-ranging support for different types of protections or file formats.
Among all listed free DVD Ripper for Windows 10, you must have got the right answer to rip DVD with fast speed and high quality. Obviously, DVDFab DVD Ripping software, can rip DVD to all mainstream video and audio formats to be compatible with all devices such as smartphones, tablets, game consoles, 3D devices, and TV boxes. Next time when you are wondering how to get video and audio files from DVDs, this program will help you out.