Best Tools to Rip DVD to Mac in 2022
Summary: With a number of devices such as iPads and iPhones that you can use to watch videos, access to a dependable free DVD ripper for Mac is now somewhat of a necessity. Also, a lot of people have old DVDs that contain their precious memories. If you are one such user, then you might obviously want to digitize those physical DVDs. You can rip DVD Mac and digitize your DVDs on Mac. But do you know how to rip a DVD on a Mac or which tool to use for ripping? The below article will help you know how to rip DVD on Mac as well as suggest the best tool to rip DVD to Mac. Read below to know more about Mac rip DVD tools.
Table of Contents
If you are among the users who rip DVDs with VLC Mac, then you might know the difficulty of using the tool. The solution to easily rip DVD on Mac is using DVDFab DVD Ripper. It is the best burner and ripper in the industry currently. This tool helps in converting any DVD to any audio and video format on Mac as well as Windows within no time. You can get smooth playback on any home theater, device, or media player with this tool.
- High quality and less size
Smartphones are vital due to their ease and efficiency. If you are fond of seeing movies and videos on mobile devices, this tool will be very useful.
It is the best free converter, video ripper, and burner that lets you convert and rip your DVD movies to popular formats that can be played on all types of devices. Considering this, MP4 is the most suited format with a smaller file size and better quality, and the tool can help you rip DVD to mp4 Mac easily.
- No DVD protection
Most of the DVDs come with copyrights protection to avoid people from backing up illegally. Normally, protections on DVD are done with Region Code (RC), Analog Protection System (APS), Sony Digital Audio Disc Corporation (DADC), Content Scramble System (CSS), and more.
If you want to rip DVD on Mac, you must remove these protections. The tool can remove such protections easily. The tool can remove protection from your latest encrypted DVDs quickly and timely in the cloud server. Hence, you can open the DVDs within no time.
- Video editor
The tool has a built-in video editor that is able to create customized videos while ripping your DVDs on Mac. This DVD ripper is the best tool to make your videos better due to its features and user-friendly interface. It allows you to trim, add watermarks, crop, add subtitles, merge video, and even adjust color in the video as you like.
- Quick ripping
Usually, it will take almost 30 minutes to rip a DVD on a Mac. But the actual time for the prices is dependent on the ripper tool you employ, ripping settings, and computer configuration. Most essentially, GPU acceleration is the most essential thing in this case.
Fortunately, the tool comes with the newest advanced GPU acceleration tech such as NVIDIA CUDA, IQS (Intel Quick Sync), Multi-core CPU, Video ToolBox (macOS), and AMD, thereby allowing to rip a DVD on Mac within no time. Such speedy conversion comes with a great user experience.
- 1000+ supported formats
The tool can convert DVDs on popular devices to over 1000 media formats for playback. Speaking of compatibility, this tool can burn and rip DVDs to more than 260 preset devices such as Google, Microsoft, Apple, Sony, Huawei, and Samsung.
To personalize the final video, users can use the Advanced Settings (Frame/Sample Rate, Quality, Codec, Subtitles, Resolution, Channels, etc.) and Profile Filter (Passthrough, H265, 3D, 10/12 bit, 4K/5K/8K, etc.). All these customized settings are provided to the users easily.
- No quality loss
The tool can convert DVDs to other formats easily. This is a great advantage to users who want video quality without any loss for their home theater. The tool will remember your preference for playback modes, such as Mobile, Theater, AI, or Web.
- Convert DVD subtitles to SRT file
The tool provides users with the option to customize the subtitles as they need. It lets users to manage subtitles using different ways such as remuxing into file, extracting to SRT file, directly rendering to video, or extracting to IDX/Subfile. The tool uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to convert subtitles to SRT for easy playback.
- Multitasking Mode
If you are done with ripping DVDs separately, then this tool can be a boon to you. Users can use the Task Queue and add various ripping tasks. Once added, the jobs will be processed to digital files by the tool in succession. This mode will do your tasks in minutes and save you much time.
- Upscale Video
The tool works smoothly thanks to the Enlarger AI to improve video quality without any loss. MP4.AI and MKV.AI are the two major output formats for users offered by the tool. This indicates you can improve video quality and resolution while ripping DVDs to Mac.
Follow the below steps to know how to rip a DVD on a Mac using this tool.
- Download and install the tool on your Mac.
- Open the tool and select the Ripper module.
3. Insert the DVD into the drive.
4. Allow DVDFab to access the disc automatically from your drive.
5. After the disc is loaded, click the Folder option at the output selection box to select your output folder.
6. Go to the profile library through the Choose Other Profile button.
7. Next, select MP4 conversion profile from Format >> Video >> General section.
8. Choose the output video directory and tap the Start option to begin ripping the DVD to the selected folder.
MacX DVD Ripper is a good option to tip DVDs to Mac, especially if you are new to ripping DVDs on Mac. It is not only simple to use but you will also be able to convert DVDs to all the popular video formats. It has built-in presets that make it simple for you to rip DVDs on Mac.
- The program is easy-to-use
- It rips videos in a relatively short amount of time.
- The tool can rip DVDs to the most popular video formats.
- Regular updates make sure users can rip new kinds of DVDs.
- Advanced options, such as presets for devices and hardware acceleration, are only available with the paid version.
If you are in search of a powerful DVD ripper for Mac, HandBrake might have a chance to solve your problem. This tool comes with a huge range of presets and tools, offering you many choices. On the other hand, to rip DVD mac Handbrake and accommodate all these features, this tool has sacrificed user-friendliness.
As such, it is not a perfect option to rip DVDs on Mac for new users. If you already know the process of ripping a DVD on Mac, you will benefit from the extra features such as video preview, multiple video filters, chapter markers, and title and range selection.
- HandBrake supports multiple formats
- It has a live preview feature.
- It offers device presets for both iOS and Android.
- It can be a bit difficult to use for new users.
- The interface takes time to get used to.
MakeMKV is a separate tool that lets users rip DVDs to Mac easily. It can also be used as a converter for encrypted files to convert into formats that are compatible with other devices. If you rip DVD for Mac with this tool, you will be certain that the output files will be the same as the original one.
Apart from offering fast conversions, all audio and video tracks will be preserved. Other factors that will be preserved comprise meta-information such as track language and audio type and the data on chapters. The tool is a simple-to-use program to rip DVDs on Mac.
- The app provides fast conversion.
- It preserves important elements of the files, such as video and audio.
- Output files can eat up a lot of disk space and be very huge.
With Xilisoft DVD Ripper, users can convert DVDs into most media formats easily. It also lets you crop image frame size, adjusts video effects, merge and split files, add watermarks, and add subtitles. In spite of the huge range of features available on this tool, it is very simple to use. All the essential options that will allow you to rip files are accessible through the main screen.
- The program is simple-to-use and beginner-friendly
- It can convert DVDs to most of the popular formats.
- It has extra features such as merging and cropping files
- It can handle multiple videos simultaneously.
- The program needs a subscription to unlock all the features, which is costly.
Does WinX DVD Ripper work on Mac?
Yes. WinX DVD Ripper is compatible with Mac and accepts any ISO image, DVD, or DVD folder. It can convert it for iPhone, Mac, TV, iPad, media player, and gaming system.
How do I rip a DVD with VLC?
Ripping DVD with VLC can be tricky. Follow the below steps to know-how.
- Open VLC.
- Tap the Convert/Save button and set the output format for the DVD rip.
- Click Profile menu and select the format you wish.
- In the Destination category, tap Browse and choose a folder for the DVD converted video file and give a name to the output file.
- Lastly, tap the Start option to being the ripping process.
What is the best way to rip a DVD?
The best to rip a DVD is to use DVDFab DVD Ripper. It is the best burner and ripper in the industry currently. This tool helps in converting any DVD to any audio and video format.
In short, you just had a look at different tools that can help you know how to rip a DVD on a Mac. Among those, DVDFab DVD Ripper is the best burner and ripper. It can help in converting any DVD to any audio and video format on Mac as well as Windows within no time. You can get smooth playback on any home theater, device, or media player with this tool.