DVDFab DVD Copy vs. DVDFab HD Decrypter
Summary: DVDFab HD Decrypter is a free DVD copy tool from DVDFab, while DVDFab DVD Copy is a more advanced tool. Here we will compare two of them and show you their differences.
- • Free and Simplified Version of DVD/Blu-ray Copy/Ripper and Video Converter
- • Lossless Backup DVDs/Blu-rays in Full Disc & Main Movie Mode
- • Convert DVDs/Blu-rays/Videos to MKV & MP4 Videos
- • Personalize Video with Built-in Video Editor
Table of Contents
In this article we will be comparing DVDFab DVD Copy and DVDFab HD Decrypter. So before starting the comparison we should know what are these software and what purpose they serve. Are they free or paid? You may have questions like this which will be cleared after you read this article completely.
Part 1: What is DVDFab DVD Copy and What it Does?
DVDFab DVD Copy, as the name suggests, is a DVD copy solution for physical DVD discs, ISOs, and DVD folders. This software is the perfect solution for encrypted DVD discs. Encrypted DVDs can’t be copied to other blank discs because of their scrambled data. DVDFab DVD Copy can automatically detect and remove any DVD copy protection, including the latest ones.
Then you are able to burn your original DVD data to a new blank DVD5 or DVD9, or even save your DVD disc movies as ISO files, folders. Moreover, it supports batch coping at a GPU-accelerated speed with high output quality, so you can copy multiple DVDs with only one command.
DVDFab DVD Copy basically provides six copy functions and they are listed below.
- Full Disc: Copy the entire DVD disc to an ISO or a folder or directly burn it to a blank DVD5 or DVD9.
- Main Movie: Only copy the main movie and skip the rest. You also have options to ‘Choose Other Titles’ and select multiple DVD videos for copying and save them as an ISO, folder, or burn to a blank DVD disc.
- Clone/Burn: Make a copy or clone the DVD disc to an ISO in a 1:1 lossless ratio.
- Split: Split a DVD9 disc into two DVD5 discs.
- Customize: Copy any content from the DVD disc you want.
- Merge: Merge multiple DVDs in to one single DVD.
You all know this that DVDs aren’t scratch proof and it will cost you extra money if you want to buy the same movie DVD when the disc gets scratched. So instead of buying the disc you should make a copy of it and save it on your computer’s hard drive. This is the best solution because a computer hard drive rarely fails and it is easy to move or copy that DVD image from one storage media to other storage media. It comes with a 30-day trial period with full functions. You can buy a lifetime license at a minimal fee.
Part 2: What is DVDFab HD Decrypter and What It Does?
When DVDFab DVD Copy’s 30-day trial period expires, it automatically gets converted to DVDFab HD Decrypter. You can say that DVDFab HD Decrypter is the completely free but limited version of DVDFab DVD Copy. So the purpose of HD Decrypter is also the same as that of DVD Copy, but with several limitations. First of all, it is free to use DVDFab HD Decrypter for a lifetime, and you won’t be asked to forcefully upgrade or pay money to buy it. Use it as long as you want with limitations if it fulfills your DVD copy needs. It is currently the best free DVD encryption removal software.
DVDFab HD Decrypter boasts the following functions:
- Freely decrypt DVD/Blu-ray discs for backup and conversion
- Copy DVD/Blu-ray to DVD-9/BD-50 disc, ISO file, or Folder
- Support Full disc and Main movie copy modes
- Convert DVDs, Blu-rays, and videos to MKV & MP4 formats
- Customize output video with a built-in Video Editor
- The output file is compatible with various devices
- Support multitasking mode for DVD/Blu-ray to digital file conversion
Part 3: DVDFab DVD Copy vs. DVDFab HD Decrypter
In this part we will discuss the main differences between DVDFab DVD Copy and HD decrypter.
- Remove DVD copying protection
DVDFab DVD Copy can deal with any DVD copy protection, even the newest ones, while HD Decrypter can only decrypt and remove copy protections from DVDs released one year ago (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, and Sony ARccOS).
- DVD copy functions
DVDFab DVD Copy provides six copy functions which are ‘Full Disc’, ‘Main Movie’, ‘Customize’, ‘Split’, ‘Merge’, and ‘Clone/Burn’. But HD Decrypter provides only two copy functions which are ‘Full Disc’ and ‘Main Movie’. That is to say, in DVDFab DVD Copy you are allowed to select multiple DVD titles/videos for copying, combine two DVDs to make one DVD, and split DVD9 into two DVD5 discs or ISOs. But HD Decrypter won’t give such functionality.
Beisdes, DVDFab DVD Copy is capable of supporting DVDFab burning engine and third party burning engine like ImgBurn and Nero. While HD Decrypter isn’t allowed to use DVDFab burning engine and it has to rely on third-party burning engines like ImgBurn or Nero.
- Ouput DVD formats
DVDFab DVD Copy supports output to DVD5, DVD9, ISO, and folder. But the HD Decrypter only supports DVD9, ISO, and folder.
- Output DVD quality
With DVDFab DVD Copy you can copy a DVD9 or DVD5 to another blank DVD, ISO or folder in 1:1 lossless ratio. But if you look upon DVDFab HD Decrypter then you won’t find any option to do this.
- DVD copying speed
DVDFab DVD Copy adopts the latest hardware GPU acceleration technologies, ensuring you a lightning-fast burning speed. But DVDFab HD Decrypter is inferior to DVD Copy in terms of burning speed.
So it is clear from the above information that DVDFab DVD Copy software is a fully functional DVD Copy solution and HD decrypter is its expired version. You are free to use use HD decrypter for lifetime and if anytime you want more DVD copy functionality then blindly upgrade to DVDFab DVD Copy.