How to Rip a DVD on Windows 10 – 7 Best DVD Rippers Recommendation！
Summary: We have analyzed the seven best free and paid DVD rippers of 2023 for Windows 10. These programs enable you to effortlessly convert your DVD collection into various popular media formats, such as MP4, MOV, M4V, and MKV, allowing playback on Windows computers that lack disc drives.
- • Free and Simplified Version of DVD/Blu-ray Copy/Ripper and Video Converter
- • Lossless Backup DVDs/Blu-rays in Full Disc & Main Movie Mode
- • Convert DVDs/Blu-rays/Videos to MKV & MP4 Videos
- • Personalize Video with Built-in Video Editor
Table of Contents
- Part 2: How to Rip a DVD on Windows 10? - 7 Best DVD Rippers
As enjoyable as building a DVD library of your favorite films, extensive collections may be hard to transfer. Not to mention the fact that certain DVDs may not survive indefinitely. One option is to convert your DVDs to digital files that you can modify or browse and play without needing the discs.
The DVD Ripping software allows you to transfer material from copyrighted or protected DVDs to your hard drive or convert them to other video formats. And it is mainly on how to rip DVD on windows 10 that we will focus on in this post. But first, let's look at some strong reasons why ripping DVDs is attractive. After that, this post will examine the best 7 DVD ripper software (both free and commercial).
Part 1: Benefits of Ripping a DVD
Ripping and digitizing DVDs to your computer or an external hard drive comes with a clear set of benefits. The following are some abvious benefits:
- Protects old and classic DVDs against scratches, disc rot, and other damage caused by children.
- Costs less: DVD ripping is cheaper than buying new. You save time by not having to look for and download your titles online!
- Declutter: Don't let CDs accumulate. Digital means more room and less waste.
- Convenience: DVD digitizing allows you to organize your movie library on your PC.
- DRM-free viewing on many brands of devices is now possible.
Now let's come to the next part of this article talking about "How to rip a DVD on windows 10".
Part 2: How to Rip a DVD on Windows 10? - 7 Best DVD Rippers
1. DVDFab DVD Ripper
Video ripping software DVDFab DVD Ripper lets you rip DVDs into conventional video formats, like MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV, M4V, TS etc. It can also rip only audio (MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A, FLAC, OGG, PCM, etc.), so if you want music from a film or TV show, it can do that. It allows you to rip DVDs in the entire disc or primary movie mode for a modest cost. The program regularly updates with new settings to assure format conversion. Reading information from ripped files helps you efficiently manage your files.
- Remove any copy protection from DVDs, even the most recent encrypted DVDs.
- Rip DVDs to 1000+ video/audio formats and 260+ preset devices.
- Share the output video to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo directly.
- Offer video editing tools like trim, crop, watermark, subtitle, video effects, contrast, brightness.
- Multi-core CPUs and Intel Quick Sync provide batch conversion with the original quality.
- Work with Enlarger AI to improve video quality from 480P to 1080p.
How to rip a DVD on Windows 10 using DVDFab DVD Ripper?
Step 1: Load the DVD source into DVDFab DVD Ripper.
Download this free DVD ripper and select the Ripper option. Alternatively, if a DVD is already in the optical drive, go to it using the Add button. Drag and drop an ISO file or folder onto the workspace. This software is as compatible with Mac devices.
Step 2: Adjust the DVD video output by choosing a profile.
Furthermore, select "Choose Other Profile" > "Format" > "Video" from the menu. You can convert your DVD to MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, etc. Select audio tracks/language, extract DVD subtitles to SRT format, or add external subtitles. Customize video and audio parameters under 'Advanced Settings' and 'Video Edit.' Select "Enlarger AI" to automatically increase video quality. Then upload it on YouTube.
Step 3: Begin ripping DVDs for free.
To rip DVDs for free, click Start. The tearing process will be shown. You can cancel the DVD ripping operation, shut down your PC, exit the software, hibernate, or do nothing. This is how to rip DVDs for free.
2. WinX DVD Ripper
WinX DVD Ripper is a popular DVD ripping windows 10 tool that can be downloaded and used. This program allows us to rip DVDs to MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV, MOV, and MP3. It also has customizable profile settings. It will permit you to remove DVD copy protections, like CSS, UOP and RCE.
This free software includes no malware, adware, spyware, or viruses. So, the installation is quick and easy. Also, the ability to take photos allows you to capture any moment. Overall, this one is worth a try for its unique features. We have summarized the benefits and drawbacks of the WinX DVD Ripper for you.
- Capable of ripping encrypted DVDs
- Converts DVD/ISO to MP4, WMV and other over 350 different video/audio formats and devices.
- Quick DVD ripping without sacrificing video quality.
- Excellent conversion options
- The conversion procedure is supported in some pieces.
- The ability to capture photos.
- Scenes may be seen quickly.
- Out of date and boring interface
3. VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper
VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper can rip Blu-ray and DVDs into digital format at lightning speed. Enjoy Blu-ray/DVD videos on any device with its support for over 200 output video/audio formats, including MP4, MKV, MOV, FLV, M4V. VideoSolo may also preserve the output video's original quality to provide you with cinema-like fun.
This BD-DVD Ripper has a simple and intuitive User experience. Unlike other software, it prioritizes customer service, so you don't have to worry about it. It has a media toolbox with Media Metadata Editor, Video Compressor, 3D Maker, Video Enhancer, etc.
- A user-friendly and easy-to-use primary interface.
- Over 200 video/audio formats are supported.
- Quick ripping of Blu-ray and DVDs.
- Batch conversion is supported.
- Maintain the video/audio quality of the original.
- Excellent and prompt after-sales service.
- Backing up the entire thing or a portion of it.
- Although it is not a free program, it does provide a 30-day free trial.
Handbrake is a powerful DVD Ripper that supports Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is also an open-source tool that can rip DVDs and transcode videos.
Many people consider it the greatest DVD Ripper Windows 10 because of its simple and lightweight UI. People who want to convert DVDs without protection at home should use Handbrake, which offers excellent features. In brief, it's one of the most excellent DVD ripping tools we've seen, so give it a shot right now.
- There is a free version available.
- The transfer process is quick.
- The video quality may be adjusted to fit the situation.
- Different input and output formats are supported.
- Customized choices are available to allow us complete control. Available for several platforms: Windows, Mac, and Linux OS.
- There are occasions when it crashes.
- This is unable to convert protected DVDs.
5. DVD Shrink
DVD Shrink is free to download and use like every tool in this post. This Windows 10 DVD ripping software now supports most DVD formats, allowing us to create backup copies in seconds. Sadly, this application does not assist in converting a selected fragment or may mislead us.
It provides outstanding characteristics in creating backups. But one thing to keep in mind before downloading and utilizing this application is that malware may be introduced during the installation process.
- It's completely free and simple to use.
- Ability to back up the entire system or just a portion of it.
- Video playback support
- Most DVD extensions are supported.
- Protected DVDs may also be played.
- Malware in the process of the installation procedure
6. DVD Decrypter
DVD Decrypter deserves a place in our top list today due to its amazing features. First, it is able to rip DVDs and editing their content.
Ripping DVDs is straightforward and suitable for beginners; it takes a little time, so you do not have to wait long. This is wonderful since you can personalize what you want to do and extract them to the location you wish to on the hard drive. Despite its simplicity, DVD Decrypter provides us with many powerful functions.
- Easy-to-use User experience.
- It is entirely costless.
- Ripping can be done in whole or in portions.
- Some formats are supported.
- There are advanced features provided.
- There isn't any helpful information.
- Malware is present throughout the installation procedure.
7. DVDFab HD Decrypter
DVDFab HD Decrypter rounds out our top seven today. It is a completely free and simplified version of DVDFab DVD Ripper and Blu-ray Ripper that allows you to rip and convert nearly all DVDs (except adult DVDs and those with multiple vts protections) and Blu-rays released in the last year, albeit with limited conversion profiles. So, it is a little yet strong DVD Ripper.
- Remove nearly all DVD protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, and Sony ARccOS) and Blu-ray protections (AACS, RC, UOPS, and BD-Live) from DVDs and Blu-rays released one year ago.
- Rip DVDs/Blu-rays to MP4&MKV formats at 480p quality with lossless.
- Provide a built-in video editor for you to modify the output video.
- There are several advanced settings.
- This best DVD ripper for windows 10 is totally free and simple to use.
- Don't use the most recent DVDs to assist protection.
A DVD ripping program is vital as more content is digitized for archival purposes. You could also try to save old home recordings like wedding videos using a good DVD ripping program. You can do a lot with today's tools. Our choice is DVDFab DVD Ripper, which allows you to personalize your films before ripping them from DVDs. Hopefully, this blog post helps you a lot about how to rip DVD on windows 10. If you are also looking for how to rip DVD Mac, another post is for your reference.