Is Xbox Series S Disc Drive Compatible With DVDs?
Summary: The Xbox Series S is a very popular gaming console. However, is the Xbox Series S disc drive compatible with DVDs? Can users play DVDs and other discs with this device? This article answers similar questions and explains how to play DVD content on the Xbox Series S. Read below to learn more.
- • Free and Simplified Version of DVD/Blu-ray Copy/Ripper and Video Converter
- • Lossless Backup DVDs/Blu-rays in Full Disc & Main Movie Mode
- • Convert DVDs/Blu-rays/Videos to MKV & MP4 Videos
- • Personalize Video with Built-in Video Editor
Table of Contents
- How to Play DVD Discs on Xbox Series S? — Digitize DVD
Can Xbox Series S play discs?
Does the Xbox Series S have a disc drive? In simple terms, no. With no disc drive on this device, no physical disc-based content will be compatible with this device. Disc-based TV and movies as well as games will not be supported. On the other hand, Xbox Series X shows support for DVD and 4K Blu-ray playback. Rather, Xbox Series S users must use the combined Xbox Store for entertainment and games, or on-demand streaming platforms with the apps for this device.
The elimination of Xbox Series S external disc drive indicates that backward compatibility for Xbox Series S is restricted to its Xbox Series X peers. The Xbox Series X is compatible with earlier Xbox 360, Xbox One, and original Xbox content available via the backward compatibility program for Xbox. The same goes for Xbox Series S, but only for those content included with subscriptions such as EA Play or Xbox Game Pass and brought digitally.
But the elimination of the disc drive comes with its advantages, such as lower cost as compared to the Xbox Series X. The company first tested a disc-less device earlier with the Xbox One S All-Digital, cutting the retail cost by $50, just closing the external slot and eliminating the disc reader.
Now, the manufacturer revives that idea for the next-gen device, creating the console as a digital-only console from scratch. Microsoft has also taken the chance to create Xbox Series S its tinniest device till now, besting the earlier record-holder, Xbox One X. The Xbox Series S has 60% of the volume of Xbox Series X, cutting only a small amount from the earlier generation's device.
How to Play DVD Discs on Xbox Series S? — Digitize DVD
Does Xbox Series S have a disc drive? Since the answer to this question is a NO, there must be another way to do so. Xbox Series S supports video formats such as MP4, M4V, MP4V, MOV, AVI, MPEG-4, and WMV. Hence, users can convert DVD discs to one of these video formats and then play on the device.
Digitize DVD with DVDFab DVD Ripper
The best way to convert files in to use DVDFab DVD Ripper. The tool can convert videos to over 1000 video and audio formats supported by popular devices, including the Xbox Series S. Below are some features of the tool that will give you a basic idea about the capability it has. Have a look.
Key Features of DVDFab DVD Ripper
- Remove DVD protection: Most commercial DVDs come with copyrights to prevent people from illegal backups. If you want to convert DVD, you must remove these protections. DVDFab DVD Ripper is helpful in eliminating such protections easily. The tool can remove protection from your latest purchased DVDs in the cloud server timely and quickly.
- 1000+ supported formats: The tool has the ability to convert DVDs to over 1000 audio and video formats on popular devices including the Xbox Series S for playback. In terms of compatibility, the tool can burn and rip DVDs to more than 260 preset devices such as Apple, Google, Huawei, Microsoft, Samsung, and Sony.
- Quick DVD ripping: The tool comes with the newest advanced GPU acceleration technology such as NVIDIA CUDA, IQS (Intel Quick Sync), Multi-core CPU, Video ToolBox (macOS), and AMD. This makes it possible to rip a DVD within in minutes.
- No quality loss: The tool has the ability to convert DVDs to various other formats with no loss of quality. This is a huge advantage to users who need lossless video quality for their devices.
- Video editor: The tool has an in-built video editor that can create a professional-looking and personalized video while ripping your videos. It lets you to crop, trim, merge video, add watermarks, add subtitles, and even tweak the color in video as you love.
- OCR technology: The tool provides users with the freedom to customize the subtitles as they need. This tool lets users cope with subtitles in various methods such as extracting to SRT file, directly rendering to video, remixing into a file, or extracting to IDX/Subfile. The tool uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to convert subtitles to SRT files for smooth playback on TVs and mobile devices.
- Multitasking mode: If you do not wish to rip DVDs one at a time, then this tool will be very helpful. Users can add different ripping tasks to the Task Queue. After they are done with this, the tasks will be converted consecutively by the tool to digital files.
- Upscale video: The tool works smoothly with Enlarger AI to improve video to 1080p from 480p without any loss in quality or image detail. MP4.AI or MKV.AI are the two essential output formats for users offered by the tool. This indicates that users can upgrade video resolution and quality while converting DVDs.
- Meta info: The tool has an exclusive Meta Info feature that aims to synchronize all the data automatically of the source DVD, such as movie title, cast, and cover. Also, the tool can create by default the .nfo file so that all the data will be shown on the media server.
How to Digitize DVD with This Tool:
Step 1: Download and install DVDFab 12.
Step 2: Click the Ripper module on the main screen. And then click the + button to upload the source file, or simply drag and drop the file to upload it. You can also insert the DVD you wish to rip into the drive.
Step 3: Click Choose Other Profile option and select Device. Now, select Microsoft from the list to choose the Xbox as the profile. If you wish to convert the DVD to a specific format you want, you must click the Format option.
Step 4: Once done, you can now personalize the video as per your needs. The movie title of the source will be selected by default. Yet, users can still select other titles here. Users can also tweak the title name by selecting the chapters, subtitles, and audio tracks as per their needs.
Step 5: While ripping the DVD to be compatible for PS4, users can also click the Wrench logo to personalize their settings such as frame rate, codec, and resolution, among others.
Step 6: In addition to this, users can also use the in-built editor to trim and crop the video, customize the aspect ratio, adjust picture values, and add watermark and subtitles, among other things.
Step 7: Now, on the main interface at the bottom section, tap the Folder logo to choose a path to save the end result. Next, click the Start option to begin the conversion process.
No, Xbox Series S does not have a disc drive. Microsoft earlier launched Xbox Series S, its secondary next-gen Xbox console together with Xbox Series X. The device offers a more reasonable entry point into the Xbox future, borrowing different features from its earlier flagship, but weakening the competition at a $299 cost. The Xbox Series S has its drawbacks, without weak graphical performance, but offers a lucrative cost for those selecting a new device.
To offer a console at less than $300, Microsoft took the Xbox Series X foundations but scaled back its features to the next-generation core values. It offers a console with the latest GPU and CPU architecture from AMD, the same personalized NVMe SSD technology, and many advanced features delivered at a higher cost. But the Xbox Series S has feeble hardware, in line with the cost. The device provides up to 1440p resolution at 120 FPS, instead of 4K baseline provided by Xbox Series X.
Yes. Microsoft made it obvious from the very beginning that the Xbox Series X shows support for a huge amount of backward compatibility for earlier Xbox games, particularly those for Xbox One. A 4K Blu-ray drive as a fraction of the hardware, indicates that users have got a very high probability of their Xbox One discs working without any trouble on their Xbox Series X, and in fact advantaging from possibly superior performance and faster loading times due to the enhanced hardware.
All in all, we just had a look at different queries related to the Xbox Series S with a disc drive. Even though the device does not have a disc drive, users can play the DVD content by converting it into a compatible format. This can be done with the help of DVDFab DVD Ripper. The tool can convert videos to over 1000 video and audio formats supported by popular devices, including the Xbox Series S. To personalize the output video, you can use the Profile Filter and Advanced Settings. The tool will rip the DVD to Xbox-supported format and make it easy for you to play the DVD on Xbox Series S. The tool makes it easy for converting DVDs and Blu-ray disc formats to Xbox video with original sound and image quality. By the way, if you want to convert any Blu-ray content into a format supported by your device, DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper can do you a favor.