Best Tools to Burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10 | 2023
Summary: This article discusses various methods to burn MP4 files to DVD on Windows 10. It includes a review of the DVDFab DVD Creator program, which is considered the best option for burning MP4 to DVD. In addition, alternative choices like the Windows built-in Media Player and open-source DVD Styler are also introduced.
Table of Contents
- 1. DVDFab DVD Creator - Advanced Tool to Burn MP4 to DVD
- 2. Windows Media Player - Windows Built-in Tool to Burn MP4 to DVD
- 3. DVD Styler - Open Source Tool to Burn MP4 to DVD
- 4. FAQs
MP4 is one of the most common video file types used today due to its compatibility with many platforms and devices. However, there are still occasions where you might need to convert and burn an MP4 file onto a DVD - perhaps for a presentation, or maybe you want to watch it on your home theater system that only supports DVDs. Here, we are going to run you through different tools that you could use to burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10.
DVDFab DVD Creator is the best powerful software designed to effortlessly convert and burn MP4 files and other 200+ video formats to standard DVD formats playable on home player. You can also save your output files as standard DVD ISO files or folders if you'd like. With its user-friendly interface, advanced features, and high-quality output, this program allows you create professional-grade DVDs from your favorite videos with just a few clicks.
💻 Burn MP4 to DVD on: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 and macOS 10.10 - 13
- Create DVD/ISO/Folder from MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, and more digital formats.
- Support DVD-9, DVD-5, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL.
- Provide various free and stylish menu templates.
- Personalize all the elements and widgets inside the menu templates.
- Select audio tracks, subtitles, or add external subtitle.
- Create high-quality DVD discs at GPU-hardware-accelerated speed.
- Auto-synchronize the meta information of the original video.
Step 1: Install this DVDFab DVD Creator
Click on the below button to download and install DVDFab DVD Creator on your Windows computer.
Step 2: Choose "DVD Creator" mode and Add your MP4 file
Once it opens, opt for Creator from the option bar and click the creator mode switcher to select DVD Creator. Load the video you want to burn via the Add buttons on the main UI. Alternatively, simply drag and drop it into the main UI.
Step 3: Customized your video file
Now you can choose the audio tracks and subtitles you want. If there are no subtitles in the video, you can add external subtitles.
You can also click the "Advanced Settings" button to customize your settings, like setting the file name, choosing the output as DVD-9/5, select menu properties and playback mode.
By clicking on the “Menu Settings” button, you can use the built-in DVD menu creator to select from various menu templates and customize its background art, thumbnails, text font, color, and size. Additionally, you can modify the playback controls, such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next buttons.
Step 4: Start to burn MP4 to DVD
Move to the bottom of the main interface to select an output directory. To select your optical drive as the directory from the drop-down list box is to burn the MP4 video to a blank DVD disc; to select a directory by clicking the “folder” icon is to a DVD folder; to select a directory by clicking the “image” icon is to a DVD ISO file. Finally, click the “Start” button to start the conversion process.
Note: DVDFab DVD Creator can also be used to burn MP4 to DVD on Mac. Chances are that you want to know more top DVD burners for Mac. If so, you can click here.
Just like all other versions of Microsoft, Microsoft 10 had an in-built burning feature named Windows Media Player, with which you can burn files from your pictures, videos, and music libraries to discs. The program supports the burning of three types of discs: audio CDs, data CDs, and data DVDs. However, it's important to note Windows Media Player only burns data DVDs and does not support burning MP4 files to feature-rich DVD videos .
💻 Burn MP4 to Data DVD on: Windows 10 Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Windows Media Player
- Free built-in feature.
- Burn video files like MP4 to data DVDs.
- Unable to burn MP4 to video DVDs playable on home players.
- No customized features, such as create DVD menu and preview video.
- Unable to show media information from the original file.
Step 1: Insert a blank DVD into your computer’s DVD burner.
Step 2: Open Windows Media Player and click on the “Burn” tab located at the right top.
Step 3: Click the “Burn options” drop-down menu and select “Data DVD”.
Step 4: Drag and drop the MP4 files you want to burn onto the “Burn List” panel on the right-hand side.
Step 5: Once you have added all the files, click the “Start Burn” button located in the top-right corner.
Windows Media Player will then start to burn the MP4 files to the data DVD. Once it is finished, the disc will be ejected from the burner, and you can use it to play the MP4 files on compatible device.
DVDStyler is a free, open-source DVD authoring program available on multiple platforms. It enables users to burn various video files such as MP4, MOV, and AVI onto DVDs that can be played on most standalone DVD players. Apart from basic burning functions, it offers extensive editing features to create custom-designed DVD menus using a variety of templates.
💻 Burn MP4 to Data DVD on: Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Burn MP4 and other video files to DVD for free.
- Add subtitles and audio tracks.
- Design a unique DVD menu or choose from ready-to-use templates.
- Make photo slideshow.
- DVD Styler requires indirect DVD burning by first creating an ISO.
- The latest version being 3.2.1 was released in November 2021.
- It may encounter failures in burning videos due to missing codecs or occasional errors.
- The processing and burning speed of DVDs is slow.
Step 1: Insert a blank DVD into your computer's drive.
Step 2: Download and install DVDStyler. Launch DVDStyler and select "Create a new project" on the Welcome window. Adjust disc label, capacity, video audio bitrate, video format, aspect ratio, and audio format as needed, then click "OK".
Step 3: Choose a menu template or opt for "No template".
Step 4: Navigate to the "File Browser" tab on the left side of DVDStyler interface, find the MP4 file you wish to burn onto DVD and drag it onto the Titleset Manager section.
Step 5: Use the "Backgrounds" tab if you want to create a custom DVD menu.
Step 6: Save your project by clicking on the Save button. Click on red Burn button on the top menu to initiate the burning process.
To burn multiple MP4 files to a DVD, you can use DVDFab DVD Creator which can burn multiple video files to one DVD simultaneously and arrange their playback order as desired. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Download and install DVDFab DVD Creator. Run the program and select the "Creator" - "DVD Creator" option from the menu.
- Step 2: Click on the "+ Add" button or drag-and-drop your MP4 video files into the program interface.
- Step 3: Once you've added all of your videos, you can rearrange their playback order by dragging them up or down in the list if needed.
- Step 4: Customize your video files and make a DVD menu.
- Step 5: Choose your output directory and hit "Start" to begin burning your MP4 files to a DVD.
No, Windows DVD Maker cannot natively burn MP4 files to DVD. It supports file types such as .asf, .avi, .dvr-ms, .m1v, .mp2, among others but not MP4. You may be able to handle MP4 files with a codec package. However, please note that Windows DVD Maker was only pre-installed on some editions of Windows 7 and Vista and is not available on later versions like Windows 8/8.1 or 10/11.
While VLC Media Player can transcode video files into a DVD format, it does not directly support burning DVDs from MP4 files. To burn an MP4 to a DVD using VLC, you would first need to convert the file into a DVD-compatible format via command line in Windows. Then, you'd have to use additional software or plugins to convert that file into an ISO image. Finally, you can burn this ISO image onto a DVD using an ISO burner tool.
In conclusion, burning MP4 to DVD on Windows can be easily accomplished through various methods. We've explored three notable tools: DVDFab DVD Creator, Windows Media Player, and DVD Styler. Each has its unique features and advantages. However, for a comprehensive solution that offers advanced options and high-quality output, we highly recommend DVDFab DVD Creator. By the way, here is another article for you if you want to convert DVD to MP4.