How to Convert/Burn MKV to DVD on Windows/Mac?
Posted by Rebecca10684
Summary: Are you considering converting your MKV videos to DVDs for backup? Here we are going to show you how to convert/burn MKV to DVDs on Windows/Mac freely and easily.
Having all your favorite movies in digital format is a great idea but every now and again you may want to convert and burn some of them on DVD discs. After all, DVDs are much easier to carry around than your whole computer or even just your hard drive. But in order to directly convert a format like MKV to DVD, you’re going to need specialized software that was designed with this specific function in mind. But which software should you use? Well as it happens, we know the perfect one that will let you burn MKV to DVD on both Windows and Mac quickly and easily.
Part 1: How to Convert MKV to DVD on Windows
The best way to convert MKV to DVD on Windows is by using DVDFab DVD Creator. The software can support many different files types in addition to MKV and can convert them into any kind of DVD format, such as DVD-9, DVD-5, DVD-R, and more. Not just that but you can easily create multiple copies of the DVD with this tool and then burn them to blank discs or save them as ISO image files or movie folders for later use. Another great feature of DVDFab DVD Creator is that it allows you to set navigation menus to the DVDs you’re creating. There are several menu templates to choose from, all of which can be customized in order to create unique menu profiles with special modifications. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to convert an MKV file to DVD using DVDFab DVD Creator:
1. Open DVDFab 11 and select the Creator module from the top menu. Go to the Profile Switcher and make sure to select the DVD Creator option. Load the MKV video/s you want to convert either by dropping them in the main UI or simply by clicking the “Add” button and navigating to their location.
2. Before we convert the MKV to DVD it’s time to make a few changes. First, click the little wrench icon to open up the Advanced Settings menu. Among other things, here you can change the name, video quality and the type of DVD format you want to convert to. We’re setting the output to DVD9 for this example but feel free to choose a different option.
3. Next, it’s time to set the menu for our DVD. To get started, click the Set Menu button and select one of the premade templates from the right-hand side. You can also use the little arrow button to change the style of the template. If you’re looking to make the menu a bit more unique click the first icon found in the lower left corner to select a different background or the icon next to it if you want to play around with the text settings.
4. Use the bottom menu to select a suitable location for the output and then click the Start button to begin the MKV to DVD conversion.
Part 2: How to Convert MKV to DVD on Mac
Here we will show you how to convert MKV to DVD with DVDFab DVD Creator for Mac.
1. Similar to the previous example, begin by opening the new DVDFab 11 for Mac client and selecting the Creator module. Select the Profile Switcher and then click the DVD Creator option. Load the MKV file you want to convert either by using the “Add” button or the drag & drop method.
2. Click the Advanced Settings button to open up a new menu. Here you can change the name, output, and video quality of the file while also making modifications to the Menu Properties and Playback Mode. Click OK when you’re done to proceed to the next step of the MKV to DVD conversion.
3. Click the Set Menu button and select a default template if you don’t want to spend time on making adjustments. But if you do want something a bit more special, click the first icon located near the bottom to select a different background for the menu. Even better, you can click the “+” button to add your own image that can be used as the background. It’s worth mentioning that you can also click on other elements of the template, including widgets and text, and change those as well.
4. Once everything looks good, click the OK button and then use the bottom menu to save the new output or burn it directly to a blank disc. Finally, click the Start button and then simply wait until the MKV to DVD conversion is complete.
Part 3. How to Convert MKV to DVD Using a Free Tool
1. The free tool we’re using in this example is Freemake Video Converter so go ahead and download the software if you don’t have it already. Once that’s done, click the “Video” button to select the MKV file you want to convert.
2. Click the scissors icon to open up a new menu that gives you access to a few basic editing tools. Among other options, here you can cut or rotate the video. From the main UI, you can also select the audio or add subtitles if needed.
3. Use the arrow buttons to help you navigate the bottom menu and search for the option labeled “to DVD”. Click that button and then choose a menu template. Then, choose the video quality and where you want to save the file or burn onto a blank disc.
4. Once everything is ready, click the Convert/Burn button and wait until the software finishes processing your file.
Converting MKV to DVD is a pretty simple and straightforward process, though you may want to spend a bit of time and play around with all available options if you want a unique menu. A lot of tools allow you to do that but very few contain the range of templates and backgrounds provided by DVDFab DVD Creator. Not to mention the fact that you can adjust individual elements and add your own backgrounds. Menus aside, DVDFab DVD Creator is also one of the fastest and most reliable tools on the market today so make sure to give it a try the next time you want to convert an MKV file to DVD.
Featuring the most advanced DVD copy technologies, DVDFab DVD Copy allows you to make premium backup copies to your legally purchased DVD movie/TV Show discs at home, for non-commercial use. With 6 versatile backup modes catering various demands, you can copy your DVDs in the way that fits your situation best.