Ways to Copy DVD to the Computer
Summary: To copy a DVD file to your computer saves disc space. It also allows you to access the video from your mobile, laptop, or tablet without carrying the discs. So how do I copy a DVD to my computer? There are ways to copy DVDs to computers, including DVDFab DVD Copy, Winx DVD Ripper Platinum, and VLC Media Player.
Table of Contents
- Best Softwares to Use to Copy DVD to Computer
- Steps to Follow on each Software to Copy DVD to Computer.
DVDFab DVD Copy is a DVDFab product that is to copy DVD to the computer. It's software that has existed for a while, and its popularity is wider because of its efficiency when copying DVDs. When you backup DVDs to the computer, they are no hassles since the software automatically unlocks the favorite disc and removes protection.
Features of DVDFab DVD Copy
i. It offers UI that is simple to use and understand.
ii. It has different copy models like Full Disc, Main Movie, Merge, to DVD, to Blu-ray, Customize, and many others.
iii. Offers remote task monitoring capabilities on mobile phones.
iv. It has a free version that works for 30 days with all features unlocked.
Pros of DVDFab DVD Copy;
i. It's an open software hence can be accessed by anyone.
ii. It has no limit on the number of files that can be copied or backed up.
iii. It allows one to customize and rip DVD subtitles without changing quality.
iv. It has a fast ripping speed.
Winx DVD Ripper Platinum is a software used in DVD ripping with three simple step-by-step instructions on how to rip the DVD videos. It leaves the ripped output file with sharp corners and raw content while it's one window with all the categories that one must undertake to convert the DVD. Features of the software are;
i. It has a hardware acceleration that uses a PC'S graphics processor for fast DVD ripping.
ii. Its build-in powerful and high-speed encoding engine detects and connects the converted videos to portable devices.
iii. Allow adjusting of parameters of the output video format.
iv. Support different video formats like DVD to AVI, DVD to MPEG, and many others.
Pros of the Winx DVD Ripper Platinum include;
i. It has a fast DVD ripping speed.
ii. The quality of the output files is not altered.
iii. Converted videos can be watched from devices since they are portable.
iv. Software is easy to use.
VLC Media Player is popular software that decodes many different video and audio files. This software can be used to rip unprotected DVD to digital video outputs. It cannot rip protected DVDs because it does not have decryption technology. It can be used for Windows, Linux, and Mac Os to rip DVD files.
Its features include;
i. Provide settings to adjust output file parameters.
ii. Has a simple open source framework.
iii. Can support numerous file formats.
Pros of VLC Media Player include;
i. It's simple to use.
ii. It can easily be used to code simple DVD files fast.
iii. It's free hence can easily be accessed by anyone.
iv. It can easily be installed on the computer.
The VLC media player is one of the easiest ways to copy DVD to Computer since there is no need to install DVD ripper software.
To use VLC media player steps below are followed;
a) Install the VLC media player. It can be installed free from the internet, requiring less storage space.
b) Once the VLC is installed, insert the DVD you want to rip and save to the computer into the DVD drive of your computer windows.
c) Run the VLC on your computer windows 10, then click the 'Save/Convert' option from the drop-down menu of the VLC media home screen.
d) Once it is done, click on the 'Open Media' panel that shows up. Then click on the Disc option and select the 'Browse button' to select the specific DVD you want to copy to the computer. Once that is done, choose the title, chapter, then audio, and finally the subtitle track. Then click on the 'Save/Convert' option at the button.
e) Once the above step is done, click on the drop-down arrow of the Profile to choose the output video and audio formats of your choice. Then click on the 'Browse button' to specify the path to save your video. Then click on the 'Start button' to begin ripping the DVD. The ripping process will take around thirty minutes to generate the backup from the DVD based on the computer.
Advantages of VLC Media Player.
· There is no need to install a third-party DVD ripper to use this software.
· It can be used easily.
Disadvantages of VLC Media Player.
· It cannot work with all the DVDs.
· There are limited editing options in controlling the quality of the output file.
Winx DVD Ripper Platinum is used to copy protected DVD files to the computer. Most of the other software's are incapable of dealing with protected files. It can be used for both Windows and macOS users. It can rip DVD files in different formats like MOV, MKV, 3GP, FLV, H.264, HEVC, MPEG, MP4, WMV, and AVI. It gives users a DVD backup option where an individual can copy and save DVDs as ISO image files and DVD folders at an equal ratio.
Steps to use Winx DVD Ripper Platinum.
1. The first step is to insert the DVD to the DVD-ROM and click "DVD Disc" located at the top left side of the Riper to load the DVD.
2. Then choose your output profile. It will load the DVD only in a few seconds, detect the main title, and pop up the output profile window to choose the format of your choice. Just scroll down to the computer General Video to select the output format of your choice. It's a good suggestion to copy the DVD to MP4 since it can easily be compatible with numerous media players and mobile devices. You can choose to create an ISO image from the DVD or copy the DVD to MPEG2 as you can reserve the output quality.
To fit your default setting, one can choose the device profile format and leave the latter as a default setting.
3. To define the destination of the folder where your output file will be saved, you click on the 'Browse button'.
4. Finally, click on "Run" to begin ripping and saving the DVD file to the computer.
Advantages of Winx DVD Ripper Platinum.
· It can easily support any DVD. It can either be classic, damaged, or even a workout disc.
· DVD files can be played on any device screen without fiddle with obscure settings.
· It creates the desired output file to the computer in an equal ratio: an ISO image, MPG, or DVD folder.
· It has enabled level-3 hardware for a fast conversion without burdening the CPU.
Disadvantages of Winx DVD Ripper Platinum.
· The con is it's a shareware, but the giveaway version is easily downloadable.
It uses the DVDFab software to copy DVD files to the computer.
Let's discuss the steps to copy DVD to the computer;
a) Download the free DVDFab DVD Copy software for Windows and Mac and launch on the computer.
b) The next step is to select "Copy Module," then choose the "Main Movie" button in copy mode. Go ahead to insert a DVD to your optical drive and final load the uploaded video.
c) You can customize your DVD output using Advanced Setting depending on your desire. You can decide to adjust qualities like volume. Under the Copying button, you will get setting options like Copy DVD-Video, Copy DVD Audio or Copy the Non-DVD files. Many other settings can be carried out.
d) Then you must select the Audio and Subtitle to copy DVD to desktop because there are always many options to choose audio and subtitles to choose.
e) Select the output directory to save your DVD to the computer. The DVDFab DVD Copy software support three formats for saving; blank disc, ISO file, and folder format. You can choose the output format you need for saving.
f) Finally, start to copy the DVD to the computer. Click on the "Start" button for the software to start copying the DVD files.
Advantages of DVDFab DVD Copy.
· It allows one to choose the audio and subtitle of choice without limit.
· It provides the six-copy modest to enable the saving of the DVD to the disk.
· There is no quality loss in downloading the video.
From the discussion in the articles, one can easily copy a DVD to the computer. Software like the DVDFab DVD Copy can easily copy many file formats to the computer and in any format. The software above gives an easy and simple way to copy DVDs to the computer to save space in the computer.
1. Which software can I use to copy the DVD to the computer?
DVDFab DVD Copy is definitely your best choice.
2. What are the advantages of copying the DVD to the computer.?
· It helps to save space in the DVD file.
· It enables one to play videos using devices like mobile phones and laptops.