How to Copy Any DVD to Your Laptop?
Summary: How to copy a DVD to my computer? Copy DVDs to the computer in the format of a blank disc, folder, or ISO image file. Or, rip DVD to computer in digital formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, etc., and play DVD on a computer, or other portable devices free and easily. Read this post and you will make it using either of the ways recommended. Besides, there is the best answer to decrypt DVD copy protections.
Table of Contents
- 1. How to Copy DVDs to My Computer?
- 2. How to Rip DVD to PC
How to copy any DVD to your laptop? If you are worried about saving the tons of DVDs you'd purchased in digital format before they go useless and unreadable, if you're interested in creating copies of your favorite movies from DVD you got into a format that can be carried inside your smartphone or laptop, or, if you're just wondering how to copy a DVD to a laptop, you're at the right place.
DVDFab 12 includes many modules like Copy, Ripper, Converter, Creator, etc. These options enable you to copy, rip, burn DVDs, Blu-rays, and UHDs. Also, you can use this free software to convert DVD/Blu-ray/UHD to digital, and convert video and audio formats, such as MKV to MP4, MP3 to FLAC, etc.
How to copy a DVD to a computer? You need the help of DVD copy software. Here, I want to take DVDFab DVD Copy as an example to show you how to make copies of DVDs.
- Copy DVD to the laptop on Windows 10/8.1/8/7, and macOS 10.10 - 11.3
- Free to use without limitations for up to 30 days
- Provide 6 copy modes to save DVD to computer
- Download DVDs to computer without quality loss
- Work 10X faster to copy DVD to disk
- Support DVD copy to DVD 5/9, folder, or ISO image
- Allow you to choose the audio track and subtitles free
- Full Disc: Copy all content of the disc/ISO/Folder source
- Main Movie: Only copy the main movie title of the disc/ISO/Folder source
- Customize: Copy any content you want from the disc/ISO/Folder source
- Split: Split one DVD 9 into two DVD 5
- Merge: Merge multiple DVDs or BDs into one DVD or BD (DVD and BD cannot be mixed)
- Clone/Burn: clone DVD or BD in 1:1 ratio with nothing lost
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Support Full Disc copy mode||Support Full Disc copy mode, Main Movie copy mode, Adult DVDs Copy|
|Support Main Movie copy mode||Compress any DVD to DVD5|
|3rd Party Burning Engine||3rd Party Burning Engine|
|Lossless backup to DVD9||Lossless backup to DVD9|
|Support more copy modes： Customize, Clone/Burn, Split, Merge|
|Support Latest Protection, DADC Protection,|
Note: Download DVDFab DVD Copy to get a time-limited 50% discount!
- Step 1: Get DVDFab DVD Copy, free DVD copy software, launched on Windows or Mac.
Is DVDFab safe to make copies of DVD? Yes, this program is virus-free, which is the best answer to how to copy a DVD in Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and macOS 10.10 - 11.3.
- Step 2:Select 'Copy' module > Choose 'Main Movie' copy mode > Insert a DVD disc to your optical drive > Load the DVD video you have imported
DVDFab DVD Copy is able to read a DVD disc, folder, and ISO file. So here, you cannot only import DVDs, but DVD folders and ISO files, and then make copies of DVD. This DVD copy software supports bulk DVD copies, so you can add multiple DVDs to this program.
- Step 3: Customize your DVD using Advanced Settings (optional)
If you are going to copy the DVD to disk, set the output disc as DVD 5 or DVD 9 here. Click ‘Advanced Settings’ and you will see four main options in this program to copy DVDs to the computer, including Output, Copying, Removing, and Navigation. Under ‘Output’, there are options like Volume Label, and Output (DVD 5/9).
Under ‘Copying’, there are options like ‘Copy DVD-Video (VIDEO_TS folder), Copy-Audio (Audio_TS folder), Copy Non-DVD files. Under ‘Removing’, there are options like ‘Remove DTS’, ‘Remove menus, play the titles continually’, ‘Rewind when done playing. Under ‘Navigation’, there is a link for you to explore more about the DVD path players.
- Step 4: Select audio and subtitle to copy DVD to desktop
In most cases when you copy DVDs to a computer, there are more than one audio and subtitles in a DVD video. So, you can select which audio and subtitle you want to download a DVD to a computer.
- Step 5: Set the output directory to save the DVD to the computer
Where will you save any DVD you have copied with DVDFab DVD Copy? This free software supports three output destinations, including a blank disc, folder, and ISO file. So you can copy DVD to disk by inserting a blank DVD 5 or DVD 9 into your optical drive. If there is no laptop with a DVD drive, prepare an external one in advance. If you want to copy a DVD to your computer in a folder or ISo file format, choose the latter two options at the bottom.
- Step 6: Start to copy any DVD
Click the button Start and wait for DVDFab DVD Copy to copy your DVD movie to make copies of DVDs. This program supports bulk copy, so you can copy as many DVD movies as possible at top speed.
This is how to save a DVD to a computer to copy a DVD to a blank disc, folder, or ISO image file. Follower the steps above, and you will be able to make copies of the DVD free and easily.
After learning how to copy files from DVDs, how do I rip a DVD to my computer? Different from copying DVDs to a blank DVD disc, folder, or ISO file, 'rip DVD to computer' in mainstream video and audio formats like converting DVD to MP4 or MKV, enables you to watch favorite movies easily on mobile devices. Now, follow me to explore how to download a movie from a DVD using a free DVD ripper - DVDFab DVD Ripper.
- Available on Windows and Mac
- Free to use for up to 30 days
- Convert DVD to digital like MP4, MKV, MPEG, AVI, etc.
- Rip audio/subtitle from DVD
- Upscale videos by 300% to 1080p and 4K
- Rip DVD to USB, Mobile Device, Folder, ISO file
How to rip a movie off a DVD? Follow the procedures below.
- Step 1: Get DVDFab DVD Ripper launched on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or macOS 10.10 - 11.3
This is another program in DVDFab 12, you can enjoy all the functions of this DVD ripping software using the module of 'Ripper'.
- Step 2: Select the 'Ripper' Module > Insert your DVD disc into your optical drive
DVDFab DVD Ripper supports bulk DVD to digital conversion, so you input as many DVD videos as possible to this software.
- Step 3: Select the audio track and subtitle
After you import your DVD video into this free DVD ripper, you will be much basic information about your file. When you rip DVD to computer, you can set the options of Audio, and Subtitle to choose your favorite DVD clips to rip.
- Step 4: Set the output video format
How to rip DVD to PC and which output video format do you want? Click the option of 'Choose Other Profile' > Format > Video.
Then, you can convert DVD to MP4, MKV, AVI, FLV, M2TS, TS, WebM, and WMV formats. If you click 'Audio', you can rip audio from DVD to AAC, AC3, AIFF, APE, AU, DTS, EACS, FLAC, M4A, MKA, MP3, OGG, COPY, TrueHD, WAV, WMA. With the help of this free DVD ripper, you can also rip a DVD to HiFi Audio, standing for higher audio quality; rip subtitles from DVD to SRT format, and improve video resolution to 1080p or 4K using 'Enalrger AI'.
- Step 5: Customize your DVD video (Optional)
When you rip DVD to a computer, you can edit your videos using the two options: 'Advanced Settings' and 'Video Edit' based on your needs. Advanced Settings enables you to set the parameters of video, audio, and subtitles. At the same time, Video Edit allows you to crop, trim, rotate, speed up or down, zoom in or out a video, and adjust video properties like brightness, contrast, etc. You can see more details about how to rip a DVD in another post.
- Step 6: Set the output video directory and start to rip movies to the computer
Set the output destination as Mobile Device, Folder, or YouTube. DVDFab DVD Ripper is the best free solution to how to rip DVDs to PC.
Apart from how to copy a DVD to a computer, and how to rip a DVD to a PC, there are also explanations for how to put videos on DVD. Would you like to burn your self-made videos to a DVD disc or save the downloaded YouTube videos to a disc? Then, have a free trial of DVDFab DVD Creator.
With the assistance of this DVD Creator, you are allowed to burn videos to DVD 5 or DVD 9 with wonderful menu templates.
Steps on how to use DVDFab DVD Creator:
- Download and install it on Windows or Mac
- Select the 'Creator' module and click 'DVD Creator' mode
- Set the output DVD as DVD 5 or DVD 9 by clicking 'Advanced Settings'
- Apply a menu template to your video by clicking 'Menu Settings'
- Insert a blank disc and set it as the output destination
- Click the button 'Start'
Follow the steps above and you will be able to put videos on DVD free and fast.
When you copy DVDs to a computer, there may be DVD copy protections embedded in your DVD disc, folder, or ISO file. How to copy and rip protected DVDs? Luckily, DVDFab DVD Copy and DVDFab DVD Ripper is not only able to download DVDs to a computer, but also able to decrypt DVDs automatically. So, you can easily find which DVD copy protection is in your DVD file by clicking the option of 'Info' on the main interface of such DVD programs.
Alternatively, you can use this powerful tool to remove DVD copy protections when you make copies of DVDs. DVDFab Passkey for DVD also provides 30-day free trial without any limitations. It can decrypt such DVD protections including RC, RCE, APS, UOPS, ARccOS, RipGuard, etc. This DVD decrypter is compatible with Windows which removes region codes and DVD copy protections in just seconds. Then you will be able to watch DVD movies without any limitations. If a DVD is controlled by Cinavia, turn to the free Cinavia removal tool for help.
When you insert your disc into your optical drive, such decrypters will detect the protection automatically and lead you to get rid of them easily.
Have you known how to download DVDs to a computer? Copy-protected DVD movies to a blank DVD disc, folder, or ISO file; rip DVD movies to laptop in MP4 or other digital formats for easy enjoyment on mobile devices. Try the software I have recommended and you will make it.