How to Burn MKV to DVD Free with Stylish Menu on PC
Summary: If you want to burn your MKV videos onto DVDs, you’ll need a reliable MKV to DVD converter that can perform the job quickly and easily. In this article, we’ll introduce some of the best free software options available for Windows and Mac users, and show you step-by-step how to use them to create high-quality DVD discs from your MKV files.
With so many MKV to DVD converters available on the market, finding the best free option can be a challenge. To help you get started, we've compiled a list of some of the top choices for Windows and Mac users. But first, let's take a moment to review the basics of burning video files to discs using various formats.
DVDFab DVD Creator is a versatile DVD to MKV converter that supports numerous video formats like MKV, MP4, AVI, M2TS, TS, MOV, WMV, WMA, 3GP, FLV, M4V, VOB, etc. You can burn any of them, such as MKV, to DVD format, including DVD-9, DVD-5, DVD+R/RW, and DVD-R/RW, at GPU-accelerated speed. More importantly, the output DVD is of high quality and playable on any media player, ensuring a fabulous viewing experience.
During this conversion, DVDFab DVD Creator also offers numerous intuitive menu templates that you can customize to suit your needs and preferences. Whether you want to add background image, subtitles, or other elements, DVDFab DVD Creator gives you full creative control over your DVD creations.
Step 1: Open and download DVDFab DVD Creator which is one of the modules of DVDFab 12. After launching DVDFab 12, click the module of "Creator" on the top, click the "Mode Switcher" to select "DVD Creator" and load your MKV file.
Step 2: , Then you will see a “Advanced Settings” option allowing you customize your video. Click it to set “Volume Label”, “Output (DVD 5/9)”, “Video Quality”, “Menu Properties” and “Playback Mode”.
(3) Now, it's time to create dvd menu. Click the button of "Menu Settings" and there will be a new panel popping up. You will see some templates around numerous topics like Birthday, Wedding, as well as other customized backgrounds. Choose your favorite menu template and edit the words and images on that background.
Step 4: The last step is to set an output directory and click the button of “Start”. You can save converted MKV videos to a DVD disc, folder or ISO file.
Beside the DVDFab DVD Creator, there are also other top MKV to DVD converters you may be interested. Here I will list some of them for you.
If you’re running out of storage space on your PC due to numerous MKV video files, it may be time to consider converting them to DVD format instead. Freemake is a free software that can help you accomplish this task easily and quickly on Windows. With its intuitive interface and customizable menu templates, you’ll be able to burn MKV videos onto DVDs with ease and watch them on any standard DVD player.
How to burn MKV to DVD free with Freemake:
- Download Freemake on Windows.
- Add movies by clicking File > Video.
- Hit the button ‘to DVD’.
- Set the DVD parameters based on your needs.
- Start to burn MKV to DVD.
Note: Freemake cannot convert copy-protected videos to DVDs.
Similar to DVDFab DVD Creator, Winx DVD Author also supports conversion from other digital formats to DVD disc, folder and ISO file. It works fast and able to create DVD ±R/±RW, DVD DL+R, DVD DL±RW easily. You can use this program to burn MP4 to DVD and customize it at will.
How to convert MKV to DVD with WinX DVD Author:
- Insert a DVD disc to your optical drive and select 'Video DVD Author'.
- Import your MKV videos in batches and go ahead.
- Create a DVD menu and customize it.
- Start the burning process.
No matter your MKV videos are downloaded from the Internet or come from an HD camcorder, you can watch them with a DVD player after converting MKV to DVD using Wondershare UniConverter. This DVD maker allows you to burn videos to DVD disc, folder, and ISO file with the slightest quality loss. There are 100+ menu templates in this MKV to DVD Converter. You can choose and customize it as you want.
How to burn MKV files to DVD with UniConverter:
- Launch the software and select 'DVD Burner'
- Load your MKV videos
- Edit the movie by cropping or trimming it (optional)
- Select a menu template and apply it to your DVD
- Start to convert MKV to DVD
After converting MKV to DVD, where are you going to play it, PC or TV? If your video player fails to play DVD disc, folder or ISO file, there is a 4K media player highly recommended. That’s DVDFab Player 7 which allows you to play DVD on both PC and TV, giving you a fantastic watching experience.
- Download and install DVDFab Player 7 on Windows or Mac
- Choose PC Mode or TV Mode
- Insert your DVD disc or load your DVD folder/ISO in your computer
- Customize it by right-clicking the video interface (optional)
- Enable “Menu Mode” to display your DVD file
Now that you’ve learned about some of the best free tools for converting MKV files to DVD format, it’s time to choose your favorite and start creating high-quality DVD videos. Once you’ve finished the burning process, you can play your DVD discs on a variety of devices, including DVDFab Player 7 which is one of the few video players which supports DVD disc input. Besides, if you have some precious DVDs to save in digital formats, you can also convert your DVD to MKV video.