How to Convert Vudu Disc to Digital with the Best Ways
Summary: Vudu is a platform that offers paid and free content to users without a monthly fee. The users just have to rent TV shows and movies for 24 hours. However, due to the disc-to-digital restrictions on Vudu, you may need a tool like DVDFab DVD Ripper to convert your Vudu disc to digital. Keep reading to find the best vudu to digital converter.
Table of Contents
- A Quick Look at the Vudu Disc to Digital Program
What Vudu is? Vudu is a platform that offers paid and free content to users without a monthly fee. The users have just to rent TV shows and movies for 24 hours. They can also get content that they can watch on all devices at any time. Moreover, regarding to how much is Vudu cost, you have to pay a reasonable Vudu cost for the paid plan.
Vudu has a disc to digital program that allows DVD owners to convert their physical DVD collections into digital copies. Simply scan and convert, DVD owners may carry the digital copy with them on travels without data or for flexible movie watching. However, one issue remains: "Is there a disc-to-digital restriction on Vudu?" What is the annual limit for mobile D2D? Before you open an account, you should read about the Vudu D2D limitations, drawbacks, and benefits in this Vudu disc to digital review, as well as the 2022 list of VUDU disc to digital list of compatible titles. If you are unable to watch new movies on Vudu, no worries, we are going to explain the best alternative way. You can use DVDFab DVD Ripper as it is one of the best tools to convert Vudu disk to digital.
When some older DVDs do not come with digital copies or when digital redemption coupons expire, the Vudu in home disc to digital service comes in handy. It offers DVD to digital conversion services through its In-Home and Mobile (In-App) Disc to Digital programs. On the PC, install the Vudu to Go app, insert the disc to scan, and the app will determine whether the title is in its movie database. If you answer yes, the digital copy will be added to your account. Download the Vudu app for mobile devices and scan the UPC barcode of the DVD movie to examine. Only Android users can have the mobile application. However, with some steps, it can be installed in iOS too.
Movies Anywhere convert the Vudu disc to digital format, allowing digital movies to be played solely on Vudu-supported devices (smart TVs from Samsung, Sony, Vizio, LG; Roku, Apple TV, Chrome cast, and Shield TV; mobiles, and web). It makes digital movies that have been converted, purchased, or leased on Vudu available to other Movies Anywhere-connected video retailers such as iTunes, Amazon, and others. However, there is a restriction on Vudu disc to digital movies that can be streamed via Movies Anywhere, specifically movies from Disney, Universal, Sony, Fox, and Warner Bros.
- Be quick: converting discs to digital using Vudu avoids the time-consuming process of ripping and converting physical CDs to digital video. If the film is in its database, a digital copy will be made available after a brief buffering period. Later, you will be given a list of VUDU disc to digital compatible titles.
- Practical: you do not have to do the inserting and converting by hand. You can obtain a digital copy by scanning the disc or the UPC barcode. More significantly, the digital movies added to your Vudu account can be seen on smartphones, tablets, desktops, and smart TVs.
- Vudu D2D Mobile Limit of 100: according to the official Vudu disc to the digital page, users can convert a maximum of 100 DVDs per year using the Vudu Mobile disc to the digital app. A year after the first Disc-to-Digital mobile transaction, the prohibition will be lifted.
- Vudu Disc to Digital is only available in the United States: Vudu is only available to users in the United States and Mexico. However, you may circumvent the Vudu region restrictions by using a reliable VPN to create an IP address in each of the two countries.
- Not All DVDs Can Be Converted (incl. Family Discs): Vudu's movie library does not contain all the films you want to convert. Some movies are only available for rent, while others can be converted and purchased. For instance, in 2017, Vudu Mobile Disc-to-Digital was limited to approximately 8,000 movies from Paramount, Sony, Twentieth Century Fox, Universal, and Warner Bros.
- Conversion must take place at the exact billing location: the GPS detects whether you are still at your billing address when you use the Mobile app to convert discs to digital files.The disadvantage is the billing address match issue; it appears that the GPS does not always function.
- You Do Not Have Actual Ownership of the Digital Movie: unlike digital videos converted using DVD ripper, you cannot save them to local devices for offline viewing or freely use Vudu digital copies (an alternative way to convert the DVD to a hard drive). Your digital movie library is dependent on Vudu's existence, and there is no guarantee that the video service will not fade out someday, given the demise of UltraViolet.
- To use Vudu Mobile D2D, you must have the UPC code: you necessarily have the barcode on the cover of the DVDs to convert them to digital utilizing the Vudu mobile app.
In addition to the fundamental restrictions on Vudu's disc-to-digital service, there are some drawbacks to Vudu D2D. Only eight devices can be linked to your account to share digital movies. You can't choose the subtitles, audio tracks, or digital version. Anyway, now you have a good understanding of the Vudu D2D constraints, you may be curious how to overcome them.
Note: DVDFab DVD Ripper offers a lifetime-free but simplified version - DVDFab HD Decrypter - that can rip most encrypted DVD to MP4&MKV format only.
Step 1: Launch DVDFab and load the DVD source.
Download and run this free DVD ripper, then select the Ripper option. In any case, insert the DVD disc you wish to rip into the optical drive or navigate to it using the Add button if it is already in the drive and not selected.
Step 2: Choose one profile and customize the output DVD video.
To convert DVD to MP4 or other digital formats, select "Choose Other Profile"> "Format"> "Video" from the drop-down menu. Selecting audio tracks and languages, extracting subtitles from DVDs into SRT format, and adding external subtitles are all options available. Advanced Settings and Video Edit allow you to customize the video and audio characteristics to meet your own requirements. When you want to upscale video, you can choose "Enlarger AI" to automatically improve the video quality. "Save to" your video to your hard drive or mobile device, and then post it to YouTube.
Step 3: Start to rip DVDs for free and fast.
Tap on Start for ripping the DVDs free of cost. You will be able to see the ripping process. The ripping process can be canceled at any time.
The Vudu disc to digital review discussed alternative solutions to the Vudu D2D restrictions and downsides, such as using a VPN to circumvent region restrictions. However, you cannot eliminate everything. The only method to bypass the restrictions on Vudu disc to digital conversion is to use a third-party converter. You can, for example, rip dvd with DVDFab. It is able to fulfill all of your needs with fast speed and high quality.