How to Quickly Convert Blu-ray to MKV?
2019-03-19 00:51:38 Posted by Rebecca6825
Summary: Do you want to rip/convert Blu-ray to MKV files for digital backup or playback on various video players? Check the post to learn how to quickly convert Blu-ray to MKV videos.
Blu-ray has replaced DVD as the preferred disc format thanks to its much higher capacity and the ability to store high definition media content. Nowadays, there’s also an enhanced version of the format known as 4K Blu-ray which can store even more data, this time in ultra-high definition. However, unless you own a good monitor, you’re not really going to see the benefits offered by Blu-ray, let alone 4K Blu-ray content. That is why a lot of people still prefer MKV videos, which have the added benefit of occupying a lot less storage space. Having your favorite movies on Blu-ray is great but sometimes digital-only MKVs are a better option because they don’t degrade over time and are very easy to copy or transfer. With that in mind, today we’re going to take a look at how you can turn Blu-ray to MKV with a very easy to use tool.
Part 1: How to Convert Blu-rays to MKV Videos Easily and Quickly
DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper is a professional tool that lets you rip Blu-ray to MKV with maximum efficiency and very little effort. The software can rip any type of Blu-ray disc, including 4K and 3D variants, and quickly turn it into digital format. In addition to MKV, DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper also supports all the other popular formats currently available and can even be used to extract audio tracks from Blu-ray discs. Not only that, but DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper also doubles as a great video editor, giving you plenty of powerful tools to work with. Whether you want to quickly rip discs or you prefer to take your time and carefully edit the output file, DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper is the best way to convert Blu-ray to MKV and many other formats. Here’s how it works:
1. Open DVDFab 11 and go to the Ripper module to get started. Insert the Blu-ray disc you want to rip or use the Add button to load an ISO file or folder that’s already stored on your computer.
2. Access the Profile Switcher from the upper left side of the UI and make sure to select the Format tab. We’re doing a Blu-ray to MKV conversion in this example so the output option we’re going to select in this case is MKV. If you want to convert to a different format, feel free to use any of the other options and make sure to use the filters to gain access to even more formats.
3. Before you rip the Blu-ray to MKV you may want to spend a few minutes playing around with some of the editing options. For example, you can use the Advanced Settings menu to change things like video quality, frame rate, resolution, video or audio codec, and more. Meanwhile, opening the Video Edit menu will give you access to tools that allow you to trim and crop the video, add subtitles or watermarks, and change video proprieties like saturation, contrast, and brightness. Finally, you can also choose which titles, chapters, audio tracks, and subtitles you want to rip directly from the main menu.
4. Once you’re done editing the video, you can use the bottom menu to pick the destination folder. A new addition to DVDFab 11 lets you upload ripped videos straight to YouTube so feel to use the globe button if you want to try it out. To begin the Blu-ray to MKV conversion simply press the Start button and wait until the software finishes processing your file.
Part 2: Extended Knowledge on Blu-ray Protections
All companies that manufacture pre-recorded Blu-ray discs are required by law to also include one or multiple copy-protection schemes for the files found on the Blu-ray. There are currently three major types of protection and it’s usually up to the disc manufacturer to decide which one of them will be applied to the files. The first level of protection has been around since 2006 and is known as Advanced Access Content System Encryption (or AACS Encryption). The second level goes by the name BD+ protection and was originally developed two years later in 2008. Cinavia is the third and most recent level of protection while also being the most difficult to bypass.
It’s worth noting that DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper can remove all levels of protections when ripping Blu-ray to MKV. AACS and BD+ are removed by default, however, Cinavia is a lot more difficult to bypass and requires an additional tool known as Cinavia Removal Solution. Having this extra tool alongside the main DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper software guarantees that you’ll never have to worry about even the most advanced protection schemes ever again.
It can be difficult to properly rip Blu-ray to MKV if you’re not using a professional tool, which is why we recommend trying DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper. Not only can you rip all types of Blu-ray discs with this software but you can also choose what format you want to convert the disc into, and there are plenty to choose from. In addition, DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper also comes with powerful editing tools and the ability to remove even the most stubborn protection schemes from Blu-ray discs.
1. Convert Blu-rays to AAC, MP3, MP4, MKV, M2TS, and etc.
2. Support all the popular smartphones, tablets, PDAs, and etc.
3. Freely customize the output audio & video parameters
4. Robust editing features like cropping, trimming, and etc.