8 Best DVD Menu Creators for Stunning Disc Menus
Summary: Professional and stunning DVD movie menus can facilitate DVD movie playback and impress your audience. This post lists the top 8 DVD burning software with a menu creator function. Besides, you will know how to make a DVD menu with the best DVD menu creator.
Table of Contents
- Part 2: Top 8 Best DVD Menu Creators You Should Not Miss
- Part 3: How to Make a DVD Menu with DVDFab DVD Creator
- Part 4: FAQs
A DVD menu creator is software that enables users to create custom menus and interfaces for DVDs, providing an enjoyable playback control experience. These applications support various audio and video file formats, allowing users to not only creates personalized DVD menus but also allows for the burning of video files to DVDs.
Considering this, there are always numerous tools available on the market that can create a professional and smart-looking DVD with customized features. In this post, we would like to discuss the top 8 best free DVD menu creators for you to choose from, as well as how to make a DVD menu with the best tool.
If you want to produce a DVD that features an attractive and polished menu, you may consider a program from my introduction to the top 8 DVD creators. With these options, you can craft an interactive and professional-looking DVD with ease.
DVDFab DVD Creator is highly recommended as our top choice for DVD menu maker. It can efficiently burn various video types into standard DVD discs, ISO files or folders, all while providing professional and stylish menus. This program supports a wide range of input formats, including AVI, MP4, MKV, M2TS, FLV, MOV, VOB, Xvid, TS, etc. Moreover, before burning DVD with a menu, it gives you the flexibility to adjust settings such as output quality, volume label, TV standard (NTSC/PAL), Aspect Ratio (16:9/4:3) and playback mode.
💻Available on: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 and macOS 10.10 - 13
- Create standard DVD disc/ISO/folder from 200+ video formats.
- Support DVD-9, DVD-5, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL.
- Intuitive DVD menu templates (static/dynamic) to make DVDs professional.
- Customize all the elements and widgets inside the DVD menu template including background art, Play/Pause, Previous/Next, thumbnails, text font, size, and color.
- Allow for switching audio tracks and subtitles, add external subtitles, and smart preview.
- Burn DVD in batch with GPU accelerated speed and high quality.
Want to know how to make a DVD menu with DVDFab DVD Creator? Move on to the second part for details. Of course, if you’re interested in exploring other ways of designing DVD movie menus, there are alternative options available for you to try out.
iSkysoft DVD Creator enables you to easily burn video files to DVDs, folders, or ISO files, as well as create DVDs from photos. This good DVD menu maker can personalize your DVD by creating chapters or menus tailored to your needs. It also comes equipped with pre-installed DVD menu themes and an integrated downloader for additional templates. While basic menu creation is available for free, unlocking full access to all features requires a paid upgrade.
💻Available on: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP and Mac OS X 10.10 or later
- Burn 150+ video formats to multiple types of DVD disc, ISO, or Folder.
- Come with customizable DVD menu templates in different theme.
- Provide built-in video editor to trim or crop DVD videos before burning.
- Make slideshows from photos and burn them to DVD.
- Menu templates, video editor, and photo slideshows are paid ones.
- The output DVD is watermarked in free version.
- It may fail or crash when burning large files over 400MB.
- Relatively slow DVD burning speed.
DVDStyler is an open source DVD author that is designed to burn videos onto DVDs with professional-looking menus with preset lists of templates. Featuring a user-friendly interface and multicore processor, this DVD menu creator allows you to import background images and place text, images, buttons, and other objects anywhere on the menu. It also includes DVD scripting for customizing menu navigation, as well as the ability to create photo slideshows.
💻Available on: Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Burn multiple video file formats to standard DVDs.
- Select a preset menu template or design your own DVD menu.
- Allow to add multiple subtitles and audio tracks.
- Make photo slideshow.
- The DVD burning process is indirect, requiring the creation of an ISO first.
- The software version and menu templates are outdated.
- It many fail to burn videos due to unavailable codecs or occasional error.
- Slow DVD processing and burning speed.
Avi2DVD is a free DVD menu maker available on Windows, enabling users to make DVDs from various formats of videos, such as AVI, MKV and MP4. Its simple interface is liked by most users. Besides, it can accept files with multiple audio streams and a maximum of three external subtitles. However, if you hope to create DVD menu with stylish and professional features, you shall resort to other options.
💻Available on: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.
- Supports High Definition (HD) films in avi, mkv and mp4 formats.
- Allows for easy main menu customization, such as image, chapter, audio and subtitles.
- Difficulty in burning DVDs that keep audio and video in sync.
- Too complex for basic users with limited knowledge about video encoding.
- Installs a bundle of products without clear instructions or guidance on their use, lacking help files or user assistance.
Disco is a Mac DVD menu creator that not only burns DVDs but also allows users to create menus for their DVDs. It comes with a record-keeping feature that tracks the burnt files for later use, as well as multi-session burning and disc image modifications. The software’s animated workflow interface enables easy navigation through the various DVD menu options, giving users full control over the playback of their DVDs.
💻Available on: Mac OS X 10.4.3 and up
- Burn and erase CD/DVD-re-writable disc.
- The unique 'Discography' feature allows you to search through all files you've burned, keeping track of every file on each disc.
- Emit 3D animated smoke while burning disk.
- Its official development and support have been discontinued since 2011.
- Limited and basic menu creation options.
- The preferences option is inconveniently scattered across various menus.
LiquidCD is a DVD menu creator for Mac. It supports an impressive range of disk formats and can read many file types. The software specializes in creating hybrid DVDs that contain both cue/bin files, allowing users to specify the types of files accessible on different systems, including Mac-exclusive content.
💻Available on: Mac OS X 10.5 or above
- A lightweight DVD menu creator.
- Burn multiple file types to CD/DVD.
- Additional features include custom icon addition, BIN element burning, disc profile creation and management, as well as flexible content transfer.
- It has not been updated for a long time and may have been discontinued.
- Very limited DVD menu features and "preference" options.
- Too many bugs.
CDBurnerXP is a free, multilingual DVD menu maker used for burning all types of optical discs including CD, DVD, H-DVD, and Blu-Ray. It offers options for creating customized menus with different templates, backgrounds, and buttons. The program is also able to burn audio-CDs with or without gaps between tracks, create and burn ISO files.
💻Available on: Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista/2008 Server/Win7/Win8/2012 Server/Win10
- Burn many types of discs, audio-CDs and ISO files.
- Verify data after the burning process, and produce bootable discs.
- Function as a bin/nrg to ISO converter and offers simple cover printing options.
- Its interface can be a bit complex for users who intend to manage files.
- When you burn the disc, sometimes the disc is ejected with an error.
- Very slow burning speed.
- May contain adware.
VobBlanker is a DVD editing software that able to blank, replace, cut and strip various parts of a DVD including menus, subtitles, audio tracks, and video. After browsing for the desired DVD videos and selecting the output folder, you can adjust different settings. These include options to process titles and menus, remove PUDPs in VOBs, and remove PUDOs in IFOs. While this DVD menu maker does offer some menu templates for creating DVDs, the selection is somewhat limited. Additionally, there is no customized options to design your menu.
💻Available on: Windows
- Downsize DVD-9 to DVD-5 by eliminating specific VOB contents.
- Blank, replace, cut and strip titles from a DVD on either individual cells or program chains.
- Strip audio tracks and adjust IFO tables.
- It has not been updated since 2007.
- Very limited menu templates; no DVD menu editor.
- It is actually a DVD editing tool for VOB files, but not a DVD burning tool that can create DVD with menu.
Now you must know which one to choose from the given options when it comes to burning DVD with menu templates. Here, we highly recommend the first one as your top priority. Knowing its features is far from enough. Here are simple textual tips as to how to make a DVD menu with the powerful and professional DVDFab DVD Creator.
Free Download and run this DVD menu creator, and then load video source. You can import many videos to this software as it supports batch DVD burning.
After loading the source videos, you will see all the input-output information and customized options on the following interface.
Click the "Menu Settings" button to create DVD menu with the given templates. The current DVD menu background features a "starry sky" template, but you can scroll down and choose from other available templates that cater to different themes, such as kid menus, school menus, or movie menus.
Choose your desired menu from the given templates in the panel. You can also switch the font, size, and color of the navigation menu so as to create a pleasant control over the playback of the DVD to be made. If you want a blank menu template, just remove the texts and shapes in the menu template. Besides, you can choose other background image or add your local image to make your DVD menu more personalized.
Then go back to the main interface, you can select audio tracks and subtitles, add external subtitles, and preview videos by clicking the "Play" icon. You can also click the "Advanced Settings" and select your preferred output size and quality, menu properties, and playback mode.
Once done, insert a blank DVD disc into the optical drive of your PC, or choose to save the created DVD as an ISO file or DVD folder on your HDD. Then tap the "Start" button to begin the DVD menu-making process. DVDFab will work 30X faster than other software.
The above-mentioned are the essential steps as to how to make a DVD menu. You can use DVDFab DVD menu maker on Windows or Mac to create your own DVD with the built-in menu templates or your personal image background.
No, Windows 10 does not have a built-in DVD creator for burning DVDs. However, it does provide functionality to burn data files to a disc through its File Explorer or Windows Media Player. If you need to create DVDs with menu, you'll need third-party software like the above-mentioned 8 best DVD menu creators.
Mac has a built-in DVD creation tool called Finder. It has basic disc burning capabilities - you can burn data to a CD or DVD by simply dragging files into the disc icon then choosing 'Burn' from the context menu. However, for creating DVDs with menu that is playable on a standard DVD player, you'd usually need other professional DVD menu creator.
Which program do you like best to make DVD with menu? With the above top 8 best DVD Menu Creators introduced, we have come to realize the utility and function of each software for burning DVDs from desired video and audio formats. Above all, an intuitive and professional DVD menu will pave way for controlling DVD playback, thus enhancing the visual experience.
So, next time when you aim to burn DVDs with menus, do not miss out on the best-recommended DVD menu creator free application. After you have created a DVD with movie menu, move on to play DVD movies with the best 4K media player.