Burn ISO to DVD, BD, UHD, CD Free and Fast [Win/Mac]
Summary: How to burn ISO to DVD disc for backup or playback on DVD players? Here ways to burn ISO to DVD with the built-in ISO burner on Windows/Mac and with the third-party ISO burner like DVDFab DVD Copy.
What is burning an ISO image? Opposite to converting disc to digital, burning an ISO image is to transfer digital videos to a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disc you want. Will it need three tools to do that? No, there is a one-stop solution called DVDFab 12. You can use it to burn ISO to DVD, Blu-ray, and even UHD you want. Moreover, there is a 30-day free trial for you to burn ISO to disk.
Do you know how to burn ISO to DVD disc for backup or playback on DVD players? Newer versions of Windows like Windows 10/11 include a built-in Windows Disc Image Burner that can do the burning job easily. Likewise, macOS provides Finder or Disk Utility for users to burn ISO to DVD. But if you want a more advanced ISO burner to burn ISO on Windows Vista or Windows XP, you need to turn to a third-party ISO burner tool. Usually, a third-party ISO to DVD burner is faster and contains more advanced options. So here in this article, we will introduce you some ways to burn ISO images to DVD with the built-in ISO burner on Windows and Mac and with a third-party ISO burning software like DVDFab DVD Creator.
Table of Contents
- 2. Burn ISO to DVD on Windows – Windows Disc Image Burner
- 3. Burn ISO to DVD on Mac – Finder or Disk Utility
- 4. Burn ISO to DVD with Third-party Program
To find out how to burn ISO to DVD, you'd better know what is ISO image. ISO, short for International Organization for Standardization, is an archive file of an optical disc that is available on many software vendors. Different from RAR or ZIP format, ISO image merges a series of files into one single file according to a definite format, so it takes up huge space on your computer. That is why people want to burn ISO to disc. If you have many ISO files, just burn ISO to DVD in batches.
Does Windows 10 have an ISO burner? Can we burn ISO to DVD Window 10? Yes, Windows 10 disc image burner allows you to burn ISO to CD and create DVDs from ISO, but there is no built-in ISO to DVD burner for Windows 7 or Windows XP. You can use Windows Disc Image Burner to burn an ISO file to DVD or CD easily by following the steps below. Different versions of Windows have different methods for ISO burning.
Can Windows 7 burn ISO to DVD? Follow the steps below and you will make it.
- Insert a blank DVD disc into your disc drive;
- Go to find the ISO file you want to burn, right-click the ISO file, and choose the Burn disc image option to launch Windows Disc Image Burner;
- Pick the right DVD burner from the drop-down menu of the “Disc burner” part. If you want to verify the integrity of the data on the DVD disc, you can check the box before “Verify disc after burning” here;
- Click the “Burn” button to start the process of burning ISO to DVD disc.
Note: When the burning is complete, the disc will eject and the note “The disc image has been successfully burned to disc” will show up.
- Download the ISO DVD image to a folder on your computer
- Open the folder where you have saved the ISO file
- Right-click on the .iso file
- Select the Burn disc image when a menu list pops up
- The Windows Disc Image Burn will open
- Select the Disc burner option
- Click on Burn
- Hit the ISO image you want to burn on a CD
- Go to File Explorer > Manage under Disc Image Tools
- Click the button ‘Burn’
- Set your CD-Rom as the Disc burner
- Start to burn ISO to CD
This is how the built-in Windows disc image burner works to help you burn ISO to DVD and CD. Follow the steps above and you will like to write ISO to DVD. Besides the built-in Windows ISO to DVD burner, you can learn something about the built-in mac.iso burner.
For different versions of Mac, there are different strategies for Mac ISO burning.
For the last several years, Disk Utility is the built-in Mac ISO burner for people to mount and burn ISO image files. But now since the rollout of OS X, 10.11 El Capitan, the burning functionality of Disk Utility has been removed. To burn ISO to DVD on OS X 10.11 or higher, you need to use Finder. In fact, Finder is a universal way to burn ISO to DVD and DVD to ISO because it is supported by nearly all macOS versions. Now let’s see how to burn ISO with Finder.
- Run Finder, find the ISO file you are going to burn, and click the image file to select it;
- Click the “File” on the top of the Mac screen and choose Burn Disk Image “XXX” to Disc, or you can right-click the ISO file, and choose Burn Disk Image “XXX” to Disc;
- Insert a blank DVD disc into your optical drive;
- Click the “Burn” button to start the process of burning the ISO file to your DVD disc.
If your macOS is OS X 10.10 or lower, you still can use Disk Utility.
- Go to Applications > Utilities to launch Disk Utility;
- Insert your blank DVD disc into your optical drive;
- Drag and drop your ISO image file to the left-hand side of the Disk Utility, and you can see both the disc inserted and the ISO file are listed;
- Select the ISO file and click the “Burn” button in the toolbar
- Make sure the “Verify burned data” is checked;
- Click the Burn button. Disk Utility will begin to burn ISO and verify the data on the disc after the burning is completed.
This is how to make a bootable DVD for Mac on Windows with the built-in Windows and Mac ISO to DVD burner. For more functionalities from an ISO to disc burner, let a third-party program do you a favor. Subsequently, the best free DVD burning software is listed for your reference.
How to burn ISO to DVD? There is no Windows Disc Image Burner in Windows Vista or Windows XP, so if you are using these two systems, you have to turn to a third-party burning software to burn ISO files to a DVD disc. For Mac users, you can also burn ISO with a third-party tool. Here are four fully functional ISO to DVD burners that deserve your try. On top of that, DVDFab DVD Creator has many advanced features of your choice and burns with a much faster speed.
Can you burn ISO to DVD R? DVDFab DVD Creator supports burning videos to a DVD disc, including DVD 9, DVD 5, DVD + R, DVD + RW, DVD - R, DVD - RW, DVD + R DL, DVD - R DL. Aside from that, you can also burn videos to a DVD ISO and folder. Can you burn ISO to DVD R? DVDFab DVD Creator supports burning videos to a DVD disc, including DVD 9, DVD 5, DVD + R, DVD + RW, DVD - R, DVD - RW, DVD + R DL, DVD - R DL. Aside from that, you can also burn videos to a DVD ISO and folder.
Main Features of DVDFab DVD Creator:
- Compatible with Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7, and macOS 10.10 - 13
- Burn mainstream formats of videos to a DVD disc, folder, or ISO file
- Provide built-in menu templates covering different topics like children, weddings, etc.
- Allow you to set your own DVD video background by uploading an image and customizing it
- Work fast without quality loss
- Free and easy to use without virus
So, you can use this free DVD creator to burn ISO Windows 11/10/8/7 or Mac with multiple functions available. Now, more specific details about how to use ISO to DVD burner are introduced below.
Step 1: Download the DVDFab DVD burner and install it on your computer
Step 2: Select 'Creator' > 'DVD Creator'
There are many modules in DVDFab 12 and each module has different functions. If you want to burn ISO Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 or Mac, remember to enable the function of 'Creator' in this free DVD burning software.
Step 3: Add your videos to this ISO DVD burner
DVDFab DVD Creator supports batch ISO to DVD conversion, so you can input multiple videos altogether to this software. Such videos can come from anywhere, such as YouTube, iPhone, camera, or whatever.
Step 4: Click 'Menu Settings' to choose a DVD cover
There are diverse topics of menu templates available in this free DVD burner, like weddings, children, balloons, etc. Also, you can upload your favorite images here as the best video background you want.
Step 5: Name your DVD
Click 'Advanced Settings' to set burn ISO to disk DVD 5 or DVD 9 based on your need. After that, name your DVD and set the output video quality.
Step 6: Set the output destination
There are Disc, Folder, and ISO available for you to save your ISO to disc file. Make a decision by clicking any of them.
Free ISO Burner can burn ISO to DVD. It is a 100% free and easy-to-use Windows ISO burner, which can burn ISO and CD/DVD image files to DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray discs easily. Free ISO Burner enables you to select the disc drivers, set the volume label, select the burn speed and change the burn cache size. During the burning process, you can click the “Abort” button to stop the burning progress. The following are the detailed steps of burning ISO to DVD.
- Download Free ISO Burner to your computer, double-click it to run it (it is a portable ISO burner, so you do not need to install it);
- Click the “Open” button at the “ISO File” part to load the ISO file you want to burn;
- Insert a blank DVD disc to your disc drive and choose the right disc drive at the “Drive” part;
- Now it’s time to define the volume label, choose the burn speed and cache size;
- Click the “Burn” button to burn the ISO image to a DVD disc.
PowerISO is a powerful CD/DVD/BD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, burn, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files. In other words, you can do almost anything with it. Burn ISO to MKV/DVD is easy for PowerISO.
Remarkable features of this ISO burner
1. support almost all CD/DVD/BD-ROM image file formats
2. Open and extract the ISO file.
3. Rip Audio CD to MP3, FLAC, WMA, APE files.
4. Easily to be used
5. numerous supported language
Support operating system
32-bit Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8/8,1, Windows 10
64-bit Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
1. Microsoft Windows operating system
2. Intel Pentium 166MHz or above
3. 64MB memory
4. At least 10MB hard disk space
How to burn ISO to DVD Mac? EaseFab DVD Creator is worth your attention. It is actually available on both Windows and Mac. You can learn how to format a DVD on Mac with it and use the colorful menu templates it has provided to decorate your DVD cover at will.
- Get this Mac.iso burner launched on your desktop
- Click ‘Quick Burn’ and browse your ISO file to add
- Customize your DVD with a video cropper, subtitle adder, effects applier, etc. (optional)
- Apply your favorite menu template to this DVD video
- Preview your DVD and start to burn DVD on Macbook
What is Active ISO Burner? It is claimed to be easy to use and work fast to finish a task--- to burn ISO to a DVD disc. When it creates a DVD from ISO, it will accelerate based on the CPU of your computer and works at top speed. Here are other features it includes.
- Burn ISO to DVD, CD, and Blu-ray media
- Offer Track-At-One and Disk-At-Once modes
- Erase a rewritable disc
After loading an ISO file to this image burner Windows, it will display the basic information of your file, such as the size, the released time, etc. Meanwhile, Active ISO Burner will remind you to choose a burn mode, and ISO burning speed, and set the number of copies. After setting these and other options, click 'Burn' to write ISO to DVD with this software.
Those are all the ways to burn ISO images to DVD on Windows and Mac, using either a built-in ISO burner or third-party ISO burning software. Just try them yourself to find out the best way to burn ISO to DVD and burn DVD to ISO which is suitable for you. Wish you a good day!