5 Best Free ISO Converter Tools Worth Trying
Summary: ISO files are easy to play, but some devices cannot read them directly. So, converting ISO files to other formats (digital formats) facilitate playback on home media players or other desired devices. In this article, we will introduce you to the top five best IOS converters that will make your job easier.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Best ISO Converters to Convert ISO File to Digital Formats
- Part 2: Best ISO Converters to Convert Disc/File/Folder to ISO
An ISO file is an optical disk archive file (aka disk image) that applies the traditional ISO (International Organization for Standardization) format favored by most software merchants. This unattached file format, like RAR and ZIP, combines different files into one based on the well-defined format, typically with a file extension.
Many people always favored making ISO from DVDs to save DVDs from scratch or damage. ISO extract all disc/file/folder data in the image format that is easy to play. But since ISO files are generally disk image files, some devices cannot read them directly. Besides this, they are larger and become a challenge for some devices. So, converting ISO files to compressed formats (digital formats) like mp4 facilitates playback on home media players or other desired devices. It also makes it possible to share or back up these files easily.
This article will introduce you to the top five best ISO converters in 2023. For your ease, we’ve divided the article into two parts, part one will help you to convert disc/file/folder to ISO, and part two will teach you how to convert ISO files to compressed formats to make them device compatible.
DVDFab DVD Ripper is well-known for ripping and converting any DVD, ISO file or folder to the desired video and audio format to play on any device. You will always be satisfied using it to convert to any format. It is from the best iso file converters to mp4 or other digital formats without losing the original quality. DVDFab is the only program that fully supports the latest released copy-secured DVDs.
- Convert iso images to over 1000 video and audio formats.
- Play converted ISO files to over 260 devices, including Apple, Huawei, etc.
- The advanced setting and default video editor can customize the final file.
- Extract subtitles from DVD to SRT format, like applying or removing subtitles.
- The Enlarger AI supports work to boost video quality from 480p to 1080p.
- Offer a lifetime-free but simplified version - DVDFab HD Decrypter - that can rip most encrypted ISO to MP4&MKV format only.
How to Convert ISO to Digital Formats Using DVDFab DVD Ripper?
Step 1: Download and install DVDFab DVD Ripper and choose a source.
After launching the software, click the "Ripper" option and upload the source file.
Step 2: Select the output format
Tap on "Choose Other Profile"> "Format"> "Video". You will see ISO/DVD to mp4, MPEG, AVI, FLV, MKV, TS, WebM, WMV, and hundreds of other conversion options here.
Step 3: Modify the video
The program will show you various ISO file conversions choices like specific chapters, audio and subtitles. Go to the "Advanced Setting" to set the video resolution and customize frame rate or bit rates. You can also use "Video Edit" to add desired text to the videos or crop and trim them.
Step 4: Start the conversion
In the final step, you must click the "Start" button to start ripping and converting process.
WinX DVD Ripper can rip DVDs to backup, archive, edit and share easily. You can use it to convert ISO images or DVDs to more than 350 formats, including AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, MPEG, MP3, etc. You can enjoy the output file on your home theatre computer HDTV, Android, iPhone, iPad, Xbox One S, PS4/5, etc. The program supports most new and old DVDs, whether crashed or damaged.
- WinX can convert most copy-secured DVD to ISO via video, audio and subtitles.
- You can convert ISO to MP4 and more than 350 other formats.
- The converted output can be enjoyed on any device like PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad Pro/Air/Mini, Android Samsung, HDTV, etc.
How to Use WinX DVD Ripper Platinum to Convert ISO to Digital Files?
- Download and install WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and upload the required ISO while clicking on the "ISO Image".
- The program will automatically analyze the ISO file. You need to select an output digital format under "General Profiles" and choose the final directory as you want.
- Click on the "Run" button to start the converting process.
DVDFab DVD Copy software lets you back up or compress any DVD, ISO file/folder directly to a blank disc with no loss. It will also allow you to save it as an ISO image file/folder on the hard drive. It works best to detach DVD copy protection for efficient DVD backup. The cloud decoding technology lets you easily decrypt newly purchased encrypted DVDs in the cloud server. Besides, its six copy modes of Full Disk, Main Movie, Clone/Burn, Merge, Split, and Customize make it more feature rich.
- Removing the new copy securities from any DVD or ISO disc is best.
- A large ISO file (DVD 9) can be quickly burned to a blank DVD 9 disc or compressed to a DVD 5 disc.
- The six different ISO burning modes are more worthwhile.
- You can select titles, chapters, audio paths, and subtitles.
- The output file can be backed up on any media player.
- There are different customization options for copying files.
- The Cinavia Removal allows you to eliminate Cinavia protections and cut clean audio permanently.
- Offer a lifetime-free but simplified version - DVDFab HD Decrypter - that only supports two copy modes.
How to Convert File/Disc/Folder to ISO Using DVDFab DVD Copy?
Step 1: Download and install DVDFab DVD Copy and upload the source.
After downloading and installing DVDFab DVD Copy, click on the DVDFab 12 module and select "Copy" functions. Now upload the source file, whether a DVD, ISO, or folder.
Step 2: Choose the copy mode and personalize the settings.
Visit the left pane of the software and select desired "Copy" mode. Clone or burn a DVD if the copy mode chosen is not lossless. The program also supports defining volume labels and customizing other copy functions. At last, choose the final path to place the output file.
Step 3: Start the copying process
Once you have done all customizations and settings, click the "Start" button and let the program complete the copying process. You can also cancel the processing at any time.
Magic ISO maker is also known as magic ISO converter. This top free converter has a comprehensive list of excellent functions and a paid version for premium users. It will help you to create ISO files and support you in managing them, to add, customize, rename, or remove the files.
The program is also well known for DVD burning, backing up and editing purposes. It can automatically create, extract, edit, and burn disc image files. You will enjoy its conversion between DVD/ISO, BIN/CUE, UIF, and NRG.
- You can use it to create ISO files of more than 10 GB from a hard disk or CD/DVD ROM.
- Its extraction tool will work to create an ISO file that reproduces the contents of the optical disc.
- Users can also process boot data for any ISO file and detach, edit, and cut boot images.
- Its bootable disk files support will let you merge information from different installations and burn them to a single CD/DVD.
- The software is compatible with all Windows OS however is more efficient for a 64-bit computer.
How to Use MagicISO Maker to Convert Disc Image Files to ISO?
- Insert the disk into the ROM drive and then launch Magic ISO Maker.
- Tap the "Make CD image file from CDROM" button and click the drop-down menu. Select the desired output format and final directory.
- Finally, hit the "OK" button and let the program do the work.
AnyToISO is a professional tool to shift multiple formats, including BIN, MDF, PDI, CDI, and NRG, from IMG files to a disk image. The self-descriptive interface makes it beginner friendly.
- The software can extract any CD or DVD image to 7Z, RAR, ZIP, etc.
- You can use it to make ISO images from the files and folders on your local disk.
- It will directly extract DMG files to make an image.
- It will deliver conversion results within minutes.
How to Use AnyToISO to Convert Files to ISO?
- Launch AnyToISO and tap on the File Extract/Convert to ISO function.
- Choose the desired image and then Open ISO.
- Save the final path and hit the "Convert" button.
Note: If you want to create ISO from DVD/CD, insert it, and tap on the CD/DVD Disk to ISO function. And for a folder, you need to select the desired folder and then select ISO.
Conclusively, we introduced you to the top 5 best ISO file converters of 2023, which are free and efficient in their work. They will deliver excellent results while saving you time and money. You can go through all these and select the preferred one. We have also mentioned their using steps for your ease.