Digitize DVD Collection: Easy Ways to Digitize your Old DVD Collection
Summary: Could you please explain how I may convert my DVD collection to digital files? Or how do you convert a DVD to make them digitalize? We have covered it in this blog post in different convenient ways.
In the heyday of DVDs, many movie lovers invested heavily in physical discs. Some people are still investing in the stock market for nostalgic reasons. "Could you please explain how I may convert my DVD collection to digital files?" is a common query from many of them. In light of the rise of portable devices, cinema fans are searching for a means to incorporate physical DVDs into the digital age. Well, how do you convert a DVD? We have covered it all here in this blog post in different convenient ways.
Table of Contents
- 4 Easy Ways to digitize DVD collection
DVDFab DVD Ripper is the best-ever dedicated DVD Ripper in terms of features. More than 600 audio and video formats are supported for DVD ripping. The decryption of the disc will be handled automatically by DVDFab if it detects any anti-copy encryption on the disc.
There are many options for adjusting the video's quality, including resolution, codec, bit rate, and frame rate. SRT files may also be used to extract subtitles from a video. Video editing capabilities like cutting, combining, rotating, and altering brightness and contrast are also included in this package.
Having the ability to rip numerous DVDs at once is the best part! Ripping multiple CDs simultaneously is simple if you can insert many discs simultaneously. Files might be slow to copy from a DVD. DVDFab DVD Ripper's GPU hardware acceleration methods can be used if your PC has sufficient processing power and hardware setup. Enlarger AI is another AI function that can up sample video from 480p to 1080p in DVDFab DVD Ripper.
How to digitize DVDs with DVDFab DVD Ripper?
If your DVD has copy protection, VLC may not be able to rip it. There's nothing to be concerned about! You'll be glad you have a DVDFab DVD Ripper. You can quickly transfer all of your DVD material to your computer or mobile device by following these simple steps with our top professional DVD Ripper.
Step 1: Launch DVDFab DVD Ripper software and load the source DVD
Install the free DVDFab DVD Ripper and select the Ripper module from the drop-down menu. Insert the DVD or ISO disc into the optical drive by clicking on the Plus sign.
Step 2: Select a profile and make changes to the produced video.
Once you've selected the file you wish to convert, pick the video format by clicking on the Choose Other Profile and clicking on the video. Choose Format > Subtitles if you want to extract subtitles as SRT files. If you're going to watch your DVDs on your phone, you'll need to convert your DVD to MP4. The most excellent free DVD Ripper is here to assist you!
Options for customizing the output will be prominently shown. There are several options available when you click on the Wrench symbol for Advanced Settings. When you click the Pen icon (for the Video Editor), you may retouch your video using various editing options, making it more unique and personal.
You may then tap the Start button at the bottom-right of the window to begin the process of saving your results. DVDFab DVD Ripper outperforms VLC in DVD ripping because of its customizable features.
Step 3: Start ripping DVDs for free and quickly now!
After making all the necessary adjustments, click the Start button to begin ripping your DVD. Waiting for DVDFab DVD Ripper to finish its work is unnecessary. The conversion can be stopped and resumed at any time. You can set the computer to shut down or hibernate automatically once the procedure is complete if it takes a long time.
The following characteristics make WinX DVD Ripper the greatest DVD digitizing program for many users. Digitize movie collection to H.264, AVI, MOV, and other popular formats with 98 percent of the original quality. 40-95 percent of the original DVD's storage space is saved in the digital copy. The DVD to ISO image and Video TS folder will be cloned exactly as they were on the original DVD. Support for copy-protected DVDs, including those with region codes, CSS, RCE, and Disney X-project DRM. It is possible to freely pick and add subtitles, audio tracks, and advertisements (aspect ratio, resolutions, etc.
How to digitize a DVD with WinX DVD Ripper?
Only a few mouse clicks are required for DVD digitization. Even those who aren't tech-savvy can accomplish it quickly and effortlessly. Following our tutorial, you can now use your iPhone, iPad, Android devices, NAS, TVs, PCs, and Macs to store and playback your DVDs.
To begin, get WinX DVD Ripper and install it for free. The program will demand a license code when you run it. It's possible to receive a free license code here.
Step 1: Start by inserting your DVD source.
- Insert the DVD into a DVD drive, whether it's built-in or an external one.
- Import the DVD by clicking the Disc button. It will recognize the correct primary movie title and remove any DVD copy safeguards. You may, of course, choose the title yourself.
Step 2: Your digital copy should be saved in a specific format.
It will take to you the output format window by the program. You only need to choose your preferred format. Here's some detail to support you figure out which video format is ideal for storing old home videos.
- The DVD to ISO image profile may be used to save a 100% identical digital duplicate of the DVD to a hard drive, computer, or any other storage device.
- Choose MOV, MP4, or the matching device profile when digitizing DVD collections for simpler playing on iDevices, Mac, iTunes, iMovie, and other Apple devices.
- AVI or MP4 may be used to easily transfer a DVD to a digital copy for PCs, Windows Media Players, Xboxes, and other Windows-oriented systems.
- If you want to have the best of both worlds in terms of quality and size, use H.264 MP4.
- Convert DVDs to H.264 (MP4) format to have the widest compatibility with mobiles, devices, TV, NAS, Plex, etc.
- Back up the DVD main title to an MPG file if you only need the main movie and wish to convert DVDs quickly.
We'll use MP4 as an example to demonstrate how to digitize a DVD collection.
Step 3: Start digitize DVD
To begin making digital copies of DVDs, press the RUN button. Digitizing will be accelerated and completed in minutes thanks to the hardware acceleration (its fast speed is the ideal choice to digitize DVD library). Finally, you may keep the DVDs on your computer, transfer the digital copy to mobile devices, watch the digitized DVD video on TV, upload the DVD to the cloud, etc.
VLC's simple interface and robust DVD decoding capability make it an excellent pick. You may also convert DVDs to MP4, H.264, H.265, WMV, WebM, and various other formats with this media player. However, there are certain drawbacks. There is no way to decrypt a protected DVD using VLC, and there is no way to manage the converting process.
How to use it?
- After downloading it, click on the Convert/Save button under Media to get started. To use the disc, press the Disc button.
- Click the Convert/Save button when the DVD has been properly inserted into the Disc Device.
- Select MP4 from the Profile drop-down box on the following page. After that, you can start the DVD to MP4 conversion process by clicking the Start button.
Handbrake, a free DVD ripper for Windows, Mac, and Linux, is a popular choice. If you have libdvdcss installed, Handbrake can rip CSS and region-locked DVD to MKV and MP4. Experimentation and mastery are required to master some of the more complex choices for fine-tuning encoder parameters and adding effects.
How to use it?
Follow the given steps of Handbrake's DVD to MKV/MP4 conversion process;
- Open the DVD by pressing the Open-Source button. DVDs that are not encrypted can be ripped using this method.
- Non-commercial DVDs will use the primary title. If your DVD is password-protected, you can use VLC to locate the title and manually pick it.
- Select the MP4 or MKV format from the Presets drop-down option in the video editor.
- Select a location to save the MP4 file by clicking the Browse button and selecting a folder. To begin the encoding process, hit the Start Encode button in the toolbar.
Find a spot to keep your digital DVD movies. Organizing your movie files has never been easier using one of the various movie cataloging software tools available for free download.
Programs like Plex and All My Movies come as excellent examples of this type of technology in action. There are, however, a large number of them, and most of them operate similarly. The application will automatically archive and catalog your files if you want to do so.
For any purpose in creating a fantastic movie collection, you'll discover that you have a wide range of selections to pick from. With a few clicks, you'll be able to organize, locate, and watch all of your favorite movies from any location, at any time, without the constraints of DVDs!