6 Easy Methods to Declutter DVDs
Summary: A vast movie collection needs a strategy for keeping everything in order. These suggestions will assist you in getting your movies sorted so that you may view them whenever you want.
- • Free and Simplified Version of DVD/Blu-ray Copy/Ripper and Video Converter
- • Lossless Backup DVDs/Blu-rays in Full Disc & Main Movie Mode
- • Convert DVDs/Blu-rays/Videos to MKV & MP4 Videos
- • Personalize Video with Built-in Video Editor
Table of Contents
- Method 6: Best DVD Organizer
A vast movie collection needs a strategy for keeping everything in order. After all, you want to be able to discover something quickly and efficiently when you want to watch something. These suggestions will assist you in getting your movies sorted so that you may view them whenever you want.
How to Organize DVDs? Best Way to Organize DVDs
Method 1: Organize by Genre or Title
Two of the finest and simplest ways to organize those movies are to put them in alphabetical order by genre or title. Finding and keeping track of the movies you want to see is simpler when you sort them alphabetically first, followed by genre or title.
Method 2: Sort Boxed Collections First
Start with DVD box sets of your favorite films or series. It's easier to keep things ordered if you keep boxed sets apart from individual DVDs. Boxed sets tend to be bulkier and can create visual imbalances and uneven rows if put next to individual DVDs.
Method 3: Separate Genres
As a further step, categorize your movies into their respective genres. There are a variety of genres that most people enjoy, such as comedies, dramas, documentaries, action flicks, foreign films, and television series. Everything listed above could be present, or there might not be nearly so many.
Method 4: Use Shelves or Storage Boxes
Do you prefer to store your movies in storage boxes or leave them on shelves for convenient access? Once you've made a selection, it's time to start shooting your videos.
Begin by alphabetically putting boxed sets on the top shelf and working your way down. Make sure the shelf is labeled. You should mark each box according to the genre if you utilize storage boxes.
Method 5: Alphabetize Genres and Titles
As a final step, the genres are arranged alphabetically (action, chick flicks, comedies, documentaries, dramas, foreign, historical, horror, kids, television, etc.). Each shelf should be labeled with the genre as you fill it with books. As you go through each genre, alphanumeric the titles.
Method 6: Best DVD Organizer
DVDFab DVD Ripper
DVDFab is a collection of tools (Copy, Ripper, Converter, and Creator) for copying and ripping DVDs, converting video formats, removing the copy protection from discs, and converting 4K and 8K videos. Our focus in this essay is on the DVD Ripper module of the DVDFab DVD Ripper package.
- Copies, burns, and converts DVDs and 4K Ultra Videos with the Copy DVD module. Full Disc, Main Movie, Customize, Split, Merge, Clone/Burn, To DVD, are all available copy modes.
- You may rip and convert any DVD, or 4K videos, ISO files to any major video/audio format or device that supports video playing with the help of the DVDFab Ripper module.
- Video rippers, such as Ripper, can convert DVD titles to AVI/FLV/MP4/WMV/MKV files, which may then be played on portable devices such as iPods, PSPs, and Zunes and cell phones.
- DVDs and 4K videos from any video format may be created with the maker module.
How to store DVDs without cases using DVDFab DVD Ripper?
Visit DVDFab's official website to download and install DVDFab for Windows and Mac. When you run the app after it has been installed and activated, you will see an interface similar to the one shown in the following image.
In addition to being a flexible DVD ripper, this program can read and rip DVDs, ISOs, and folders to any common video and audio format or device capable of playing video. Let's look at how to organize a DVD collection with DVDFab DVD Ripper.
- Insert the DVD into the optical drive to begin the ripping process.
- When DVDFab 11 starts, choose Ripper from the options bar by double-clicking it.
- To load the DVD, click on the Add button and go to your DVD drive.
- Drag and drop whether the source is an ISO file or a folder into the main UI to load.
MacX DVD Ripper Pro
MacX DVD Ripper Pro is a DVD ripper that lets you backup and organize DVDs collections by transferring them to a hard drive, USB, iPhone, iPad, HDD, etc. You can easily access all of your DVDs using the DVD organization and copy tool. It will offer you different options, including the ability to rip DVD to MP4, AVI, MOV, and WMV HD MKV MTS digital video formats with original video, audio, and subtitles so that you may organize your DVD collection in a far more efficient manner than ever before.
How to Organize DVD collection on Mac/PC using MacX DVD Ripper Pro?
Mac (macOS Big Sur) and Windows users can download the DVD organizer utility (Win 10 incl.). With a well-designed user interface, it's a breeze to learn. No computer skills are required to organize and copy discs. Here is how to organize DVDs without cases with MacX DVD Ripper Pro;
- Insert your DVD into the disc drive.
- Run the DVD ripping program.
- Click the "DVD Disc" icon in the upper left corner of the main interface to swiftly load your DVD.
Step 2: Select the output from the Output Profile window. The MP4 format combines file size with quality, making it ideal for backing up DVDs to hard drives, USB drives, and other portable devices.
Step 3: To begin digitizing DVDs, simply press the "RUN" button.
Video codec, frame rate, bit rate, aspect ratio, and resolution can be tweaked using the DVD organizer program. Using the DVD organizer software, you can also compress films to make your DVD collection smaller and more manageable.
Personal Video Database
One of the greatest movie database programs is to organize DVDs without cases. That it's directly integrated with IMDb is by far the most appealing feature. Just type in the film's title, and all the relevant details, such as cast and narrative summary, will be pulled immediately from the IMDb and other databases.
- Use the built-in media player to watch movies right inside the app.
- Management of loans.
- Full Unicode support is included.
- Cast members' filmographies in great detail.
- Free DVD covers and posters may be downloaded.
- Plug-in allows you to swiftly import and export movie data from various databases.
- Multiple languages are supported in addition to English – e. g. Russian, German, and Dutch.
GrieeX is another top movie organizer program on our list to organize DVD collections. If you want to keep your movie collections in sync across your PC and Smartphone, this is the app.
GrieeX's user interface is relatively simple. Select a folder where you save all of your movies, and the program will do the rest for you. Using IMDb or TMDB will allow you to learn more about your imported movies.
- There's an Android app, too.
- A wide range of video file formats and codecs are supported.
- Create an Excel spreadsheet of your movie collection.
- Rank your favorite movies.
Ant Movie Catalog
Ant Movie Catalog is another freeware application to keep track of your movie and TV series collection. You may get movie information from various sources, including IMDb, using this free movie organizer program.
File > Import media files and pick your movies folder to import your movies into Ant Movie Catalog. Organizing DVDs is a breeze after you've imported them all.
- It may be used in various languages, including Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, and Dutch.
- Use HTML, SQL commands, CSV, and Excel to convert your movie collection for further use in other applications.
- PNG, GIF, and JPEG are supported.
- Windows 7 or above is required.
My Movie Manager
My Movie Manager, this open-source movie catalog program is simple to use and may help you organize your movie collection. All your movies' information may be extracted from the Internet using this excellent movie organizer program.
An easy-to-navigate UI makes maintaining your favorite movies a breeze. Set up the program to arrange your movie files after specifying where they should go.
- Make sure you have all of your movies on your computer.
- To collect movie information from the Internet, you must be able to do it accurately.
- Movies can be sorted by genre.
- Sort movies by title, year, and IMDb rating.
It is best to export movie information, including quotations, trivia, goofs, etc. Besides this, you can also use it to export the movie database to TXT, CSV, or XML format.
- An intuitive design that makes it easy to categorize and locate movies.
- IMDb and themoviedb.org information is automatically downloaded.
- Proxy support and data backup are included.
- As many as 184 languages are supported.
- Downloads of movie covers and posters are done automatically by the app.
Mac users may use Movie Monkey to keep track of their favorite shows and movies. Using Movie Monkey on your MacBook is a great idea to keep track of all your favorite TV series and movies in one place.
- Although it is built on top of the Electron framework, the user experience is crisp and contemporary.
- All movies on your hard disc may be imported and their metadata retrieved from IMDb using this free movie organizer program.
- The app also has rudimentary sorting and filtering capabilities.
One of the free movie organizers is Media Companion. The user interface is a bit cluttered compared to other movie catalog applications, so getting started might be difficult. Only Media Companion can automatically sync all movie information and posters from the Internet.
- Use IMDB to get movie information.
- Download movie posters from several sources (IMDB, Mpdb, TMdb, IMPA, and so on) automatically.
- Look for film backgrounds on TMDB.
- IMDb allows you to download movie trailers.
- Use various search and filter options to find and watch movies.
- With this option, you may export a customizable HTML list.
DVD organization makes it easy for you to find your required movie or DVD quickly. However, it is not much easy and fast to declutter DVDs, but tools, as mentioned above, make it fast and simple. DVDFab DVD Ripper is the latest and most competent choice to organize your DVD collection efficiently. Besides decluttering, it comes with the best match of copying, ripping, converting, and creating options. So, you can utilize it based on your requirements.