How to Edit Videos on Mac?
Posted by Rebecca3811
Summary: There are many reasons for you to edit videos and if you are a Mac user, you may want to know how to edit videos on Mac. So here we are going to give you several methods to edit videos on Mac.
The Most Complete Multimedia Backup SolutionsAs the world’s most complete multimedia backup solution package, DVDFab 11 offers four major modules, Copy, Ripper, Video Converter and Creator, and some other wonderful tools like the Cinavia Removal and Enlarger AI to achieve better result. And a bunch of other useful utility tools with amazing features, such as DRM Removal, are also provided.
Creating great looking videos takes time, patience, and most importantly, good editing tools. Even videos shot by professionals using high-quality cameras often require editing work, let alone videos shot by amateurs using a phone. However, even these videos can be made to look incredible with the right set of tools. That is precisely why today we’re going to take a look at how to edit videos on Mac using a variety of easy to use yet very powerful editing tools. Whether you want to create fancy new videos for your YouTube channel or want to impress your friends with your newly-acquired editing skills, you’re definitely in the right place.
Part 1: How to Edit Videos on Mac with DVDFab Video Converter
The first software we’re going to discuss today is DVDFab’s aptly named Video Converter tool. However, saying that this software is just a video converter would be doing it a great disservice. DVDFab Video Converter for Mac is also a very powerful video editor that incorporates all the tools you need to create professional looking videos. The software can easily work with any video format you throw at it and can even output them as audio files. Here’s a quick guide on how to edit a video on Mac using DVDFab Video Converter:
1. Open the new DVDFab 11 client and select the Converter module from the top menu to get started. Now click the “+” button in the center or use the drag & drop method to load the videos you want to edit. Alternatively, you can also use the “Add from Mobile” button if that works better for you.
2. As an optional step, you can hit the Profile Switcher button and change the format of the output file if needed. If not, proceed to the next step to proceed.
3. Editing videos on Mac with this software is easy but it still requires a bit of practice, so open the Video Edit button and use tools like cropping and trimming until you get it right. While you’re there, you can also edit other video proprieties like color saturation, brightness, and contrast or add your own subtitles or watermarks. If you want to further customize the video, open the Advanced Settings menu and make any changes you feel are necessary to make the video even better.
4. Use the bottom menu to choose where you want to save the file you just edited. Finally, click the Start button and wait until the software finishes processing your new video.
Part 2: How to Edit Videos on Mac with iMovie
If you’re interested in learning how to edit videos on Mac using software developed by Apple themselves, you’ll probably want to start with iMovie. While not necessarily the best in its class, the tool is a solid option for novice editors who want to learn the ropes and has enough good tools to be of value even to veterans. Here’s a quick guide on how to edit videos on Mac using iMovie:
1. Launch iMovie on your Mac and go to File -> New Project to get started. Pick a name for the project and click the Create button.
2. You can now proceed to import the videos you want to edit, which can be done by simply clicking the Import button. All the videos you import will be made available in the iMovie Library so go there to start adding them to the storyboard when you’re ready to try your hand at experimenting with editing videos on Mac.
3. Once you’ve added the videos you want to edit, look above the preview window and you will see a series of icons, each of them representing a different editing tool or menu. Hover above each of them to see what it does and then use the ones you need. Remember that practice makes perfect so don’t be afraid to experiment with each of the tools until you get used to how to edit videos on Mac with iMovie.
4. Finally, click File and then choose the Save Project option to finalize the process.
Part 3: How to Edit Videos on Mac with QuickTime Player
QuickTime Player is another good option for those who want to learn how to edit videos on Mac. The tool is primarily used for video recording and video playback, however, it also includes a handful of useful editing tools that are very easy to use. Here’s how it works:
1. Open QuickTime Player and then go to File -> Open File to load the video you want to edit.
2. Click Edit and then pick the Trim option to begin trimming the video. Drag the handles as needed to select which part of the video you want to keep and which parts you want to get rid of. Once you’re happy with your selection, simply click the Trim button and you’re all set.
3. The Split tool can be accessed in a similar fashion to the Trim tool so this time go to File and pick the Split option if you want to use it. Simply click anywhere on the video timeline where you want to make the split and then pick the Split Clip option. Now you can also rearrange the clips, trim or delete them as needed.
4. Once you’ve finished editing the video, go again to the File menu and save your project.
We hope this article helped you understand a bit better how to edit videos on Mac quickly and painlessly. Each of the three tools has certain advantages but we recommend trying DVDFab Video Converter if you’re looking for software that can only edit videos but also help you convert them to a variety of different formats. The tool is also great for uploading videos straight to YouTube and works well alongside other useful tools developed by DVDFab. If you’re not sure about investing in a professional-grade tool don’t worry because you can try DVDFab Video Converter for Mac for free and see all its amazing benefits before having to spend anything.
Featuring the most advanced audio & video conversion technologies, DVDFab Video Converter allows you to convert audio & video files of all sorts from one format to another, for playback on desktops, laptops, notebooks, and portable & mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, PDAs, game consoles, even car infotainment systems as well.