Top 12 Latest Horror Movies
Summary: Which scary movies are worth watching at the moment? That’s what we are going to talk about. Now follow us to take a look at the top 12 latest horror movies with excellent plots.
- • Free and Simplified Version of DVD/Blu-ray Copy/Ripper and Video Converter
- • Lossless Backup DVDs/Blu-rays in Full Disc & Main Movie Mode
- • Convert DVDs/Blu-rays/Videos to MKV & MP4 Videos
- • Personalized Video with Built-in Video Editor
Scary movies have always been popular but nowadays it seems like they’re even more sought-after than usual. That shouldn’t be too surprising, though, because many people would agree that we’re currently experiencing a new golden age of horror. Well, perhaps ‘golden age’ is a bit of an exaggeration but we’ve definitely seen more and more excellent horror movies in 2017 and 2018 than in previous years. But which scary movies are worth watching at the moment? Well, that’s exactly what we’re going to talk about today so join us as we take a look at the top 12 latest horror movies you need to watch right now.
This is the story of two brothers who decide to return to the cult from which they escaped when they were kids. This proves to be a very unwise decision as they soon find themselves entangled in a series of unexplained supernatural events.
One of the latest horror movies on Netflix as of this writing, Apostle is another movie involving a creepy cult, however, this one has more of a religious theme and takes place at the start of the 20th century.
Dakota Johnson and Tilda Swinton start in this modern remake of the classic 1977 horror film bearing the same name. Both the original and the remake were written by Dario Argento and the plots are overall very similar.
Though not as well received as its predecessors, the latest horror movie starring the titular Predator is still worth checking out. It’s not quite the same without the legendary Arnold Schwarzenegger but the movie does feature some very good actors.
A very unsettling movie centering on a family that begins to experience supernatural occurrences shortly after the death of its matriarch. This indie horror came out of nowhere earlier this year and blew critics away, many of them going as far as to say that it’s the best horror movie of 2018 so far.
The latest horror movie about the infamous Michael Myers turned out better than expected. Despite bearing the same name as the original, Halloween (2018) is actually a sequel that sees Jamie Lee Curtis reprising her role as Laurie Strode.
We don’t get nearly enough horror movies set in the future these days so Upgrade is definitely a breath of fresh air. The movie plays out very much like a Black Mirror episode so if you like the show make sure to check out Upgrade as well.
A Quiet Place is the directorial debut of John Krasinski, whom you may know from The Office. Krasinski also stars in what may very well be one of the most disturbing horror movies of the year.
Nicholas Cage has starred in some pretty awful movies over the years but also in many good ones. This one is part of the latter category. This movie is weird and extreme in all the good ways and we absolutely love it for that.
A story about a team of scientists who travel to a meteor crash site only to find that all the animals in the surrounding areas have rapidly evolved into strange new creatures. Annihilation is more sci-fi than pure horror but it does have a lot of scary moments as well.
The Nun is the latest horror movie that takes place in The Conjuring universe. It wasn’t as well received as its predecessors but it’s still worth a try if you’re a fan of the franchise.
Speaking of franchises, there was also a new Purge movie that came out just a few months ago. Just as its title suggests, this is a prequel that explains how The Purge started in the first place.
Have a bunch of movies on DVD that you want to copy on your hard drive for safe keeping? Or maybe you just want to clone or burn your DVDs to additional discs so you can have multiple copies of them, just in the case the originals get damaged or lost. You can do all that and more with DVDFab DVD Copy. The software allows you to backup all your latest horror movies on DVD fast and easy while also giving you plenty of useful tools to work with. There are six different copy modes to choose from depending on your needs and you can create either 1:1 lossless copies or you DVDs or compressed versions if you want to save some space. Here’s how it works:
1. Open DVDFab 11 and pick the Copy module from the top menu. Either insert the DVD you want to copy or click the Add button to navigate to its location. If you’re working with an ISO file or folder simply drag & drop it in the center area to begin.
2. Go to the Profile Switcher to select the Copy mode you want to use. There are six modes to choose from, namely Full Disc, Main Movie, Customize, Split, Merge, and Clone/Burn. Pick the mode that works best for you.
3. The software allows you to make certain changes depending on which mode you choose. For example, you can choose between DVD5 and DVD9 for the output or you can choose between available languages, subtitles, and audio tracks. You can also only copy certain chapters and titles if you wish.
4. Check the “Save to” menu at the bottom to select how you want to save the output. You can either copy the movie to a new DVD or create an ISO file or folder that can be stored locally. Once you’ve made your choice, hit the Start button and wait until the software finishes processing your file.
Some of the top latest horror movies of 2018 are only available online on platforms like Netflix but there are many others that can be found on DVD. If you end up purchasing some of these DVD movies, make sure to create some backups using this DVD Copy software, DVDFab, because discs degrade in time and it’s always a good idea to have a backup.